AuthorTopic: Fallen Angel Sprite  (Read 8104 times)

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Fallen Angel Sprite

on: November 26, 2006, 12:44:48 pm
Not sure, but probably lots of mistakes, the leg looks too jaggy too? Any help appreciated.

Offline Lelle

• View Profile

Re: Fallen Angel Sprite

Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 01:50:56 pm
Heya!

I think it looks very nice! Though one thing I see that stands out is that his arms are a bit too large if you compare them to the rest of his body. At first it looked like the mid-body area was too short, but I think it has to do with the arms. They also reach down all the way to the knees like on a primate, sort of, so they´re a bit too long too.

A great piece though! :]

Cheers,

Lelle

« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 02:43:19 pm by Lelle »

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 02:00:24 pm
Thanks for the critique :) Yeah, I always over exaggerate the upper body and arms in all my work, with smaller legs, not sure why haha. Do you think I should not do this for the future?

For this case I wanted his arms to be strong, but I didn't want to make him to overthetop, sorta trying to give him strength as in presence, angel, I'm not sure if I did it right.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 02:02:27 pm by buloght »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #3 on: November 26, 2006, 02:03:31 pm
Probably best to first show yourself you can create a close-to-reality anatomical model of a person in various configurations, perspectives etc (something that takes many years of practise to do well) before distorting anatomy, yes.

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 26, 2006, 02:05:39 pm
You are right helm, I'll do a bit more anatomy things first  :)

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 02:20:23 pm

underlined muscly physique. I'd tone it down, personally, but hey. Maybe this will help.

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 26, 2006, 02:33:57 pm
That's great! Thanks for the effort, Helm, I'll learn from it.

Offline SCiDT

• Experimentalist
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 09:11:13 pm
I feel art is personal and helps us express ourselves!

This a great piece Buloght! I want to say once again I wish I can create a piece like this...

I want you to know this piece is inspiring! Once again thanks for your attention to the paint over of my piece I have
learned allot form it! Thank you once again!

SCiDT

Offline Lelle

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: November 26, 2006, 09:17:02 pm
Thanks for the critique :) Yeah, I always over exaggerate the upper body and arms in all my work, with smaller legs, not sure why haha. Do you think I should not do this for the future?

For this case I wanted his arms to be strong, but I didn't want to make him to overthetop, sorta trying to give him strength as in presence, angel, I'm not sure if I did it right.

Exaggeration is cool and sometimes needed to make a piece stand out :] I was thinking, instead of making the arms bigger to make make them look strong you could instead make them more defined. Like if you have seen any "World's Strongest Man" competition you can see they´re strong much because of their size. But also if you look at a guy like Bruce Lee or a gymnast you can also see they are very powerful because of their muscle definition. If you put Michael Jackson and Bruce Lee next to eachother(lol what a sight) they would probably have about the same thickness on their arms but guess which one would look stronger. :]

I think this piece will be totally awesome in the end by the way!

Cheers,

Lelle

Offline buloght

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 09:52:25 pm
SCiDT: Thanks :)

Lelle: Yes, definitely a good way to go, it would've worked better. My intention I guess was to diminish the definition in the muscles as I wanted a sharp light (almost holy) on it. Thanks for the kind words!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2006, 11:51:50 pm by buloght »