AuthorTopic: armageddon soldier  (Read 9921 times)

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Re: armageddon soldier

Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 09:40:03 pm
Why don't you start with something a bit more smaller?

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 07:23:04 am
You definately need to use references while pixelling as your anatomy is rather hideous.
I fastly googled up something similar to what yours looks like. http://www.yorkjitsu.org/graphics/etiquette/fight_stance.jpg
It would be convenient of your part to study anatomy, and develop artistic skills with traditional art, as it will help you loads.
Just try to picture what you are showing us and see if there is anyone around you that looks like it.
I dont think so.

Pixel art is not about using the line and circle tools to make shapes, and then use the paint bucket to fill here and there, and use the spray can on the background. It's more complex than that.
Of course some recommend to start with circles and lines etc, but you have to develop from there, don't just be happy with that. In pixel art, you get control of every pixel, and ideally you should modify each one by hand.

Just browse around these forums and zoom up on people's pictures, and see how they are done.
There is not much to comment about your stuff yet. All I can say is try to improve, study and use references or tutorials or whatever to guide you.
Good luck.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 07:28:14 am by Panda »

Offline soldat

• View Profile
    • My Game-Dev-Blog

Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 02:27:27 pm
ok thx!!! hard very hard...

i guess u mean it so:

is it better?
Everything is art really, it is just a matter of looking at it that way.

http://chess-game-dev.blogspot.com/
My Site