AuthorTopic: [early WIP] Alien Land.  (Read 5714 times)

Offline the_x_factor

• View Profile

[early WIP] Alien Land.

on: November 18, 2006, 07:01:00 pm
This is an early wip. I plan to do a good amount more to it. But right now, it's not to much. I would like to know if there's anything you think looks odd, or could be better. Ill update with a newer version in a little while.

Offline Adrian

• View Profile

Re: [early WIP] Alien Land.

Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 07:51:51 pm
Not very vibrant colors

Offline sk8m8trix

• and shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 07:54:03 pm
the rocks looka  lil weird, nice lineart tho
And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be, In Nomine Patris, Et Filii, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Offline Lelle

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 08:49:48 pm
Heya!

It looks cool! Though the foreground could be made with a bit stronger/fuller colours. Cause it can be tricky right now to decide whether the island is further away in the picture, or if it's a small island floating above the foreground. In this pic for example you can see very clearly that the further away you go the lighter the colours get: http://personal.ashland.edu/~jpiirto/images/travel%20photos/Arthur's%20Pass%20perspective.jpg

Looking forward to seeing more of this! :]

Cheers,

Lelle

Offline the_x_factor

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 10:08:53 pm
Thanks for the replies :)

I tried to make the small island in the background a little lighter, to see how it looked. Plus i did some more on the ground.

Offline Lelle

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 10:15:52 pm
Whoa, I must say the ground turned out amazingly! The outline around the island seem to be too strong though, especially on the side where the lightsource hits. Other than that this is turning out great!

Cheers,

Lelle

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 05:26:40 am
I really like the simplicity of the artwork. And though it's simple, it's looking really good. The ground is a big improvement!
I think Lelle is right about the outline around the floating island. Should probably be a bit lighter and softer so the edges around the floating island fade with the background a bit. Other than that, the island looks nice!

Offline the_x_factor

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 12:03:15 am
Update: I'm not sure to keep the bridge or not. I like it, But i'm not to sure how it looks.(it's not done) I also Updated the moon/s and island outline.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 12:08:14 am
one thing that bothers me about the bridge:  taking the scale of the near side and the far side (assuming it doesnt get wider) then it makes the buildings tiny.  the bridge is god but the far side would have to go into one pixel to make this perspectictive work.

up the contast on the posts aswell.

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 03:24:24 pm
Feron makes a good point. How big are those buildings, and how big is this bridge? Either the buildings are really small, or the bridge is really huge.
Anyway, the pic is coming along really nicely. The moons look very nice, and I especially like the texture you aplied on the bridge.