AuthorTopic: [WIP] SHMUP Tank Boss!  (Read 17628 times)

Offline sk8m8trix

• and shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] SHMUP Tank Boss!

Reply #10 on: November 19, 2006, 05:43:39 am
Thanks sk8m8trix! I would remove him, however, if this turns out to be for a game I'm thinking of the operator will be a fundamental part of the game(an evil general) and will operate all of the end bosses. If it in the end looks totally out of place maybe it could be possible to make him get into the machines and vanish while operating them.

Cheers,

Lelle
it sorta remids me of the new sonic game that came out, eggman had 2 boss battles.... pretty good, but that guys looks too insignificant, maby make him look more elaborated (i mean all evil bosses have a gay duchebag costume)
And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be, In Nomine Patris, Et Filii, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Offline zhangyue27334

• mobile game art design + mobile game engineer.....
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 06:11:31 am
I think,it look like a litte briefness,can you protract a little complex for the tank?
I china...beijing...mobile game art design + mobile game engineer.....

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 09:21:59 am
Thanks sk8m8trix! I would remove him, however, if this turns out to be for a game I'm thinking of the operator will be a fundamental part of the game(an evil general) and will operate all of the end bosses. If it in the end looks totally out of place maybe it could be possible to make him get into the machines and vanish while operating them.

Cheers,

Lelle

If you want to make it a little more realistic in that aspect you could put a clear dome over the head of the operator. That way they could theoretically have protection and at the same time you could see who's good and evil.

Although if it doesn't work in the game... understandable. I see the potential for a cool *swish* dome animation, though.

Offline Lelle

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 04:15:41 pm
Thanks for answers all!

I will think more about making the operator in a cooler way, now he look more and more misplaced for every time I look at him :-|

Aleiav: you mean like a glass "bubble" surrounding him? Or like a protecting glass like on motorcykles infront of him?
zhangyue27334: It seems like you used a translator of some sort cause what you wrote is kinda tricky to figure out, or maybe itīs just me. But I think you meant there is not enough details on the tank right? I will try and make it more complex, thanks!

So, I made another frame on the rocket launcher pack turning around. And made a more functional arm attachment for it. The arm isnīt casting any shadow on the rocket launcher pack yet...

Thanks again for all help, keep it coming!

Cheers,

Lelle

Offline ceddo

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 06:45:10 pm
I love the tank's camo, good progress since the first version :P
I think it's bobbing up&down too fast though. Tanks are slow, and even with the huge motor and everything, I find it hard to imagine a tank bobbing that fast. Maybe add a frame or two?

The turret rotating is a good idea, but it looks a bit plain at the moment. Since it's firing rockets. maybe you could add a couple on each side of the turret, along with a couple of high-tec looking tubes... etc?

All the rest is great :) Well, maybe you could make the operator do something different? lol. Make him hold a talkie-walkie in one hand, and push dials with the other (No, not levers)

.c

Offline Faceless

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 06:54:03 pm
It looks really weird how the rounded corners of the missile launcher become sharp as the angle changes.
Also, when the rocket launcher turns to the left the holes have their depth on the wrong side.
Apart from that, nice work, but I'd continue to play around with the palette... not quite right yet.

Offline Lelle

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 08:06:48 pm
I tweaked the colours a bit, even took a desert camo picture I found and did almost the same colours so now itīs my "orange" desert that is off :]

I will try and fix the rocket launcher pack, I agree that itīs both too sharp and dull. Maybe I should add rockets sticking out of the tubes! Maybe thatīs what you meant? The bobbing is supposed to be from the shock absorbing though, while itīs moving, not vibrations from the engine. Itīs just in test fase yet though so dunno how it will move around exactly in the end.

Put it in a mockup:

Keep up the good critique! :]

Cheers,

Lelle

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 08:12:57 am
Aleiav: you mean like a glass "bubble" surrounding him? Or like a protecting glass like on motorcykles infront of him?

I mean like a bubble. Like Buzz Lightyear has. XD

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 08:28:04 am
I personally like the operator.

Offline Lelle

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 01:56:28 pm
Thanks, I think I will keep the operator! :]

I remade the operator a bit, looks more like a boss character now I think. Though he doesnīt stand out too much next to the tank, need to make him more contrasted(and he will close the hatchet after he is done talking). The text is kinda misplaced but you get the idea I hope hehe :] Also temoved the tiny machinegun and mounted two short barrelled cannons instead!

Also the "arm" isnīt casting shadow correctly on the rocket launcher pack yet.

Cheers,

Lelle