Poll

On a scale from 1 to 10 stars, with 10 being the best, how do you rate MS Paint?

AuthorTopic: MS Paint Poll  (Read 61260 times)

Offline ZoSo

• View Profile

Re: MS Paint Poll

Reply #30 on: November 17, 2006, 08:29:47 am
I dont like mspaint, never pixeled in it and never used it. I use photoshop to pixel now since im very used to the layout and everything, and changing tools through letters.

Before i pixeled in PS i used gamesfactory's crappy GFX tool thingy. For 1-2 years or so, i loved it.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #31 on: November 17, 2006, 09:06:11 am
started on paint, so i'll give it a 3.  i use photoshop cos i use mac  ;D.

Offline Matriax

• View Profile
    • MATRIAX PIXEL GRAPHICS

Reply #32 on: November 17, 2006, 10:43:02 am
Vote 1.

Use mspaint about 3/4 years and continue using mspaint while learn promotion and get practice.

I pixeled too many time in MsPaint, and know MsPaint is slow/bad... for pixelling, and any program is better than MsPaint to pixel.. But MsPaint is very simple to use and for the people begin in this found in MsPaint a simple interface with the minimun options for pixelling and practice.

Its possible if any people is interested in pixel-art and download promotion when open the program and view all the options etc... close the program or use in 2 o 3 times and out. But think with MsPaint the user when open the program like the simply of the program and the easy use and practice more and like pixel-art etc.. and after when have practice use a promotion or any profesional program.

Offline Evil-Ville

• :))))))))))):
    • View Profile

Reply #33 on: November 17, 2006, 11:07:35 am
I voted 1. I spent two and a half years pixeling with it because I was afraid to change. Then I talked to ptoing and bought Pro Motion Lite and everything was all fine and dandy.

Offline robotriot

• Tubby mechanical friend
    • View Profile
    • robotriot

Reply #34 on: November 17, 2006, 05:11:23 pm
I gave it two stars because once or twice in my life, I've used it on computers that had nothing else installed, and it helped beating my boredom. Still, it's not really a good program.
WELCOME TO BATTLE SQUADRON

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #35 on: November 18, 2006, 12:57:23 am
I still use it sometimes, and, as David said,
Paint has everything I need and nothing I don't.
Still, I use GGale because I've been animating quite a bit lately, and MSPaint doesn't have the ability to rotate between +/-90 degrees.

Honestly, it's all the same to me. As long as its got all the basics. (Paint having the minimum requirements)

Offline Lackey

• remember to drink cure potions
    • View Profile

Reply #36 on: November 18, 2006, 01:23:28 am
I gave it a two because it's still better than "not doing art"

David: laziness doesn't always entail avoiding work, but also avoiding change and staying with what's comfortable even if it's worse for you.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #37 on: November 18, 2006, 01:31:35 am
what if that comfortability enables you to produce better art?

Offline Ai

• finti
    • http://pixeljoint.com/pixels/profile.asp?id=1996
    • finticemo
    • View Profile

Reply #38 on: November 18, 2006, 02:26:19 am
what if that comfortability enables you to produce better art?
That's an argument against using MSPaint -- if comfortability enables better art (You've said implicitly that you value being able to produce better art), then naturally you should take pains to become comfortable with the most effective tool that is at your disposal.

NOTE: the above reflects more on the nature of your argument than my own evaluation of the situation. I think a sort of satisfied discomfort facilitates the best art.
If you insist on being pessimistic about your own abilities, consider also being pessimistic about the accuracy of that pessimistic judgement.

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #39 on: November 18, 2006, 02:36:33 am
then naturally you should take pains to become comfortable with the most effective tool that is at your disposal.

why so? why fix whats not broken?