AuthorTopic: Lion Man (WIP)  (Read 7194 times)

Offline Jad

• View Profile

Re: Lion Man (WIP)

Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 02:04:04 pm
In my humble opinion (I read that like onion :>) bumping your thread when you have made a relevant update is nothing wrong to do. Since you're making something productive, I fail to see why it is shameless and bad to bring it to the community's attention. :\

So anyways, I went and updated yours with something I tend to do with people's pictures when I edit;

JAD DEFINEZ BAZIK ZHAPEZ pt 2.

My raping of your picture has effectively erased all detail there ever was so at least you won't look at it and go "Aaw, how am I going to better than that." like I do when people edit my pictures. But anyways, I made the arms the same thickness, lowered the head as to make him look more 'Ferocious' and fuxxered around with his hair. Also, I tried him to look Lion-ish :3

I also tried to make his body parts into basic 3D-shapes that would actually trick the viewer into being rotatable (does this word exist? D:) I made his torso kind of hulking forward (I really don't even know what hulking is, damnit.) and so on. I kind of see and understand the way you are thinking when you're drawing and it's very 2D and abstract in a way. In a very "It really doesn't have to look like something"-way, and I respect that. But this is my take on it.

Oh, and to make it all more confusing, some "explanation" COUGH COUGH.

The arms are quite easy to see anyway so I concentrated on the legs and torso. I sincerely hope that this helps you more than it confuses you.

Good luck!

PA-CHING!

EDIT: Answer to Panda (omgz, i am stating a good example also.)

I didn't know. I just figured he posted the other one much later. Well, then I see what you mean. I still think it's no big deal, though, but that's just me :]
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 04:24:32 pm by Jad »
' _ '

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 02:51:51 pm
In my humble opinion (I read that like onion :>) bumping your thread when you have made a relevant update is nothing wrong to do. Since you're making something productive, I fail to see why it is shameless and bad to bring it to the community's attention. :\

I.) Pixelation Rules

Keep in mind common sense:
Don't double-post. Do not spam. Do not excessively swear. Don't overuse smileys (even though they're new and we all love them) Do not run with scissors.

While I kind of agree with you, I dont think there is a need to double post while said thread was still on the 5 threads at the top, and the last post was done about 1 hr before.
Pretty much defeats the purpose of the edit button.

Looking forwards to what Sherman Gill comes up with after your edits.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 01:39:28 am
Oh, I forgot to post here.
Most recent is on PixelJoint, if you missed it:
http://pixeljoint.com/pixelart/16055.htm
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Ryona

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 05:58:15 am
Your Lion Man looks so weird, yet so cool! lol. I like it!

And the final product is awesomely superb.

Oh, and I really love that rock you made. Totally rocks.

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 09:14:18 pm
Gill, I'd suggest taking another look at Jad's edit there, he had a lot of good advice in that post, especially on the shape of the body. As it is now your lion man really has very little form and it's really symmetrical, he looks like something somebody made out of silly putty. I would definitely ditch your habit of starting with a small section and working out blindly. You'll almost always get a much better result if you sketch it out first and then apply whatever techniques you desire.