AuthorTopic: First ever sprite/pixel art work, please look.  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Ronaldinho_Fc

• View Profile

First ever sprite/pixel art work, please look.

on: November 06, 2006, 09:16:50 am
Hi, I am VERY new to sprites and pixel art in general, started a few days ago, this is my first sprite, please take a look and constructive critisism please :)

p.s- done in paint.

-R.F.C

Edit: I removed the URL tags from your image, as we use a click based zoom system on the forums, and the imageshack site would keep popping up for those who try to use it. - Panda
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 09:25:13 am by Panda »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Re: First ever sprite/pixel art work, please look.

Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 10:14:09 am
first, welcome to the boards, i hope you enjoy your time here :D

now, to the sprite.  you have managed to avoid at least three of the classic pitfalls of new pixelers, and kudos on that.  you wonrked in a manageable size, did not pillowshade, and did not rigidither.  The sprite is a bit stiff, altohugh not bad for a first try.  the green colors arent awefull, but trying a different palette with a broader understanding of color would probably do you good, check the rest of the forums for some very basic color concepts with regards to pixelling that i think from seeing this youll be able to grasp pretty quickly.

once again, wlecome to pixelation :P
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Ronaldinho_Fc

• View Profile

Re: First ever sprite/pixel art work, please look.

Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 05:42:34 am
thanks adarias, will try a different colour pallette when i get some time. any other comments would be apreciated.

-R.F.C