AuthorTopic: new kind of sprite style  (Read 1828 times)

Offline Melodee

• omg
    • jarajaramelon
    • beardedgrandma
    • Jara de Nooijer
    • View Profile

new kind of sprite style

on: August 23, 2017, 11:12:27 am
hello guys. i've been trying to improve my pixel art. i've been posting it on a facebook group and i got like too much "bad feedback" that made me kind of unmotivated to work on it. like the feeling i get with these comments on the stuff i made is "please stop trying. you suck", i don't know why maybe it's just me. so like i was wondering if you guys might think differently about it. i don't even think what i did was an improvement. i will show you some of the work i am making now and how it looked before.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 11:53:59 am by Melodee »

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: new kind of sprite style

Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 01:14:46 pm
The ones on the right have nicer-looking colours and better-places shadows than the ones on the left, but they also have such low contrast that a lot of the details are almost impossible to see, while the contrast in the originals is fine (a tiny bit low). So, you've improved in some ways, but taken a step back in others - perhaps because no one told you what you were doing well before!

You're using a lot of thick and jagged lines. When drawing a line, don't double up the corners. I recommend giving the tutorial I stole that image from a look, it has lots of helpful tips.