AuthorTopic: Need Opinions and Advice!  (Read 1775 times)

Offline Noba

• View Profile

Need Opinions and Advice!

on: July 18, 2017, 01:57:11 pm
So I'm trying to make a sort of power station kind of area for a platformer I'm working on, but I don't like what I've done and can't seem to get anything right.

I sort of imagined it being pretty bright with a lot of animations and all that, but I can't get anything I like. It just looks too... Grey. If you get what I mean. If anyone could give me some advice on things I should do to make this thing look better, that would be great. Thanks.

(Really sorry about not sending just the pixel art! I'm kinda busy right now, so I don't have time to cut out just the pictures of the 2 rooms, also, the yellow on the "pipes" is usually a lot brighter, it glows from a darker yellow to a lighter yellow and the default tile for it is just the darker one.)

PS: The game has a pretty lighthearted and not too serious tone to it, which is the reason I need it like this anyway, so keep that in mind if you come up with anything.

PPS: I still need to add backgrounds, which is the reason it's completely black. If anyone has any ideas for that, that'd be great aswell!

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Need Opinions and Advice!

Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 09:26:17 pm
Try adding some baked power pipes and various cabling to add some color to the area. Think in terms of neon lighting and bright plastic warning labels, dangerous looking things that can add variety to the atmosphere of the area!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Noba

• View Profile

Re: Need Opinions and Advice!

Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 10:10:41 pm
Ah thank you! I'll try that out!

I'm currently remaking the tiles entirely to be a lot smaller and simpler, sort of like metroid/axiom verge's tiles.