AuthorTopic: [C+C] The lonely Knight  (Read 2754 times)

Offline awh13

• View Profile

[C+C] The lonely Knight

on: July 11, 2017, 05:31:41 am
I'm trying out different scenarios in pixel art, and ended up with this today.

I still feel like something's missing in this sprite, please help me finish it :)

Here's some edit.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:14:49 am by awh13 »

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: [C+C] The lonely Knight

Reply #1 on: July 12, 2017, 07:40:24 am
Hmm. Looking at it I think it's the sterile positioning of the birds. Have them overlap the sun more rather than be completely separate, looks too artificial.
You also seem to be missing a background, use one of the darker reds to imply a continuation of the grasslands/graveyard in the back!
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: July 12, 2017, 09:09:51 am
Howdo.

It's a nice piece, love the composition and mood of it, but I stared at your knight a few times and I am a bit confused as to what shape/pose he is in. Ok I assume its a typical knight kneeling pose, but there are some things going on there like in particular the back, sometimes it looks like hes got 3 legs, other times I look the back looks like an arm leaning on his left leg but then his pose to me looks like hes squatting with his legs wide open. Anyway i just thought it was a bit odd looking.

I didn't get much time with this and my result has lost a bit of that stylized look I "think" you where going for (ie sword and sworcery stylized stick figure look), but perhaps you can find some middle ground to what I have done and your style to make it look more obvious he is in a respectful kneeling pose.

I also swapped around some colors to make both him and grave a little more prominent, re-did the grass and birds, though the birds I will admit are a bit shitty heh

Anyhoo it's a nice piece to begin with, good work, I would agree with mystery and say the whole background could to with a re-fiddle
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:13:50 am by Tycho Magnetic Anomaly »

Offline awh13

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: July 13, 2017, 04:27:53 am
I see what you guys mean :D Originally it was a knight kneeling, has both hands on the sword, and the thing on the back is the cape, but I guess it was easier to recognize for me since I got used to look at it :P Working on the fix and trying to animate it. Thank you for the feedback !
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 04:30:46 am by awh13 »

Offline awh13

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 05:14:24 am

Here's what I came up with your feedbacks. I hope the cape is still recognizable tho hehe. Haven't animated it yet since I'm working on some other pieces, but I hope it's improved.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 05:23:32 am
Eh. Not sure about the flying cape, it messes with the composition pretty hard. Make it drape again, but maybe consider adding some highlights to the silhouette to help define the form some?
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline awh13

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 05:39:01 am
Yeah I'm feeling the same, but since this is in such low resolution I'm not sure how to highlight it ( I suck when it comes to clothes and folds). Still I'll see what I can do