AuthorTopic: Pixel Dungeon  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Olivererkuk

• View Profile

Pixel Dungeon

on: July 09, 2017, 03:45:55 pm
I have been working on this dungeon desing. and would like to know what you guys think
Am i doing something right? What would you guys do diffrent? and anything you would want to change?

Thanks for the help :)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 03:53:38 pm by Olivererkuk »

Offline eishiya

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/28889.htm
    • View Profile
    • Website

Re: Pixel Dungeon

Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 05:03:17 pm
It would be easier to give feedback on this if you posted a version that wasn't blurry.

I like the use of green and purple to separate the floor and walls. The purple bits on the walls look like they should be interactive to me though.

The tiles with brighter highlights look raised, and look like they're interactive buttons or something. If those tiles aren't special, I'd keep them in the same range of values as the duller ones. You can create variation through differently-shaped highlights on the tiles, rather than brighter highlights.

The barrels appear to be isometric, but the floor is birds-eye. Some players are fine with this, but it bugs me. I prefer things matching. I'd make the floor tiles non-square, but squat, so they look like they're in "perspective" just like the barrels. They can still be created with square tiles, something like this: