AuthorTopic: Nostalgia  (Read 7690 times)

Offline Keops

• RibsChirino
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/189965.htm
    • View Profile
    • Behance portfolio

Re: Nostalgia

Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 11:55:59 am
This is something quite different from what I've seen recently so alone on that it stands out, and the end result is not only more original, its also quite beautiful. I think Helm's edit make the lips look a lot smoother, but somehow it ended losing some of its charm, maybe it's the fact that she lost the mole? Maybe you can save the mole (make it a bit softer perhaps) and tweak the lips' shading a bit? Also Ptoing's little changes to the AA are a nice addition. The piece is very clean as it is, but in Ptoing's edit it ends looking even more smooth.

Top notch work Panda. Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing.
Hearthstead: Art thread - Website - Twitter

COMMISSIONS OPEN! Behance portfolio

Offline AdamAtomic

• natural born medic
    • View Profile
    • Adam Atomic

Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 02:49:19 am
I love this - it reminds me of bengal's work a lot, only tighter and cleaner - just beautiful!  I prefer ptoing's edit over helm's, because I think her smile is pretty critical to the piece working.  great stuff!

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 02:59:52 am
I love this - it reminds me of bengal's work a lot, only tighter and cleaner - just beautiful!
Yes! Holy crap, I couldn't think of where I'd seen this style before. Thanks.
Well, I guess I'll just agree with everyone else in that Ptoing's edit didn't mess with the Mona Lisa esque smile, but I did like Helm's shading.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 03:12:20 pm
Must say my inspiration wasn't bengal but Morimoto Koji's 0range book :X, but if it reminds of him I guess it's a good thing, heh.

EDIT:

Edited most of the pointed parts, though I decided to ignore a few of the subpixel edits which I didnt agree much with since they made the line look rather blurry.
Now I will move on >:0
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 08:38:55 am by Panda »

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 08:41:10 am
four colors?  I suggest you start clicking on the images and get used to the zoom feature...look it over again.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #15 on: November 05, 2006, 01:20:13 pm
kokew00t, not only do you bump an old thread, you contribute nothing to it with your post but inaccurancies. It doesn't use 4 colors. You've been making a lot of redundant posts lately, I hope you realize and reign that reflex in. Thank you.