AuthorTopic: Debute  (Read 8270 times)

Offline Player1

• View Profile

Re: Debute

Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 03:21:20 pm
in all honesty, i think the original child's face was the best, it was the most effective of all of them.  the style is clear and easy to read, something all of the others, though perhaps more artistically realized, lack entirely.
Thanks, though original is just wrong shade-wise, I think:) Her lower left cheek has to be shaded.

i do have one question about the subject though; why on earth give a hoplite a halberd?  it's about 2000 years out of place (halberds belonging not to the medieval period, but to the northern renaissance period and later wars, primarily in the german states).
In fact he is also hiding lit cigarette behind his back:) I think he is not real hoplite, but modern model, and is holding halberd just because there were no spear around at the moment.

Offline Dusty

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 10:04:49 pm
I don't have enough time to explain my edit, but I'll post it anyways.
I think your colours were way too saturated, and the shading was a bit off. I'm not expert on anatomy or shading, but I think this should help a bit:

Offline Player1

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 06:28:34 am
I think your colours were way too saturated, and the shading was a bit off. I'm not expert on anatomy or shading, but I think this should help a bit:
He was just healthy and light was too strong and nearly exactly from his right side. That made shades on his chest less detailed, but added depth to overall figure. But your version is more detailed and anatomically correct, especially in the center:)

Edit for the Baldie - stronger, smarter and europeaner :)

Offline Player1

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 02:37:16 pm
So, C&C for Baldie, anyone?

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: November 05, 2006, 02:42:35 pm
Here you go...
It's very good, looks macho ;), but the outline looks too dark, also he should have more angry face. Other than that, good work! :y:

Thats not CC, thats an ass pat and a vague comment.
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?