AuthorTopic: Larry Bird  (Read 9707 times)

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Larry Bird

on: October 25, 2006, 12:45:31 am
Started this yesterday at school. It's supposed to be a sweating tea-drinking humanoid bird. I took a lot of liberties. Like the nipples and the hands. Color version to come soon, probably.

C+C would be appreciated. :-*

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Re: Larry Bird

Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 01:01:33 am
I wouldnt conjoin the thight to the arm, and if its going to be that high up, then I advise you move the arms further inward.

Are those vestigal cornrows or tentacle feathers on his head?
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 01:12:51 am
They're supposed to be slicked back feathers, instead of hair. So more of the former. :) But it's not really vestigial if it adds character, right? :P

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v287/mccow28/bird3-2.png
Better?

EDIT: Something's up with the pic. :-X Is it just my computer? Because on some it looks fine and sometimes it has a big grey patch under the arm. Dunno what would be causing it either.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 05:35:36 pm by mccow28 »

Offline The B.O.B.

• currently losering it up...
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 03:46:25 am
   The Gray patch must be some type of transparency issue I guess. The bird itself has a nice smooth texture to it, and I can't wait to see it colored. Now on to me bieng a jerk:

I find it strange that his man-boobs, or the whole chest really, seem to be separated from the rest of the body, by that strange dark outline. If the look was to give the bird a little bit of sexy, saggage to the pectorals, I would slowly disinigrate, or blend(or Selout I suppose?) the mid-chest black outline into the brightest white you have shown.
   I also have noticed that there is a round circular shadow on the birds chest. My best guess is that the head is causing this shadow. However, if the beak is as long as it is right now, and if certain areas are bieng affected by some light source, then shouldn't the shadow be longer towards the middle, mainly casted be the beak itself? At the moment, it seems like a normal head is causing the shadow on the chest. Then again, you might be going for something different, so I could be wrong. That, and I also get the feeling that his left leg is longer than right for some reason...
   But again, this could be due to the fact that it's still in a grayscale period. Would totally love to see this guy in whacked out colors, sorta to parody the c64 Yus character though!..

my back hurts...

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 02:08:07 pm

I tried to fix a few things. Did I succeed?

There's no reason for the grey patch to be there, I'm trying to fix it. :ouch:

EDIT: I put it in Paint and saved it from there. Got rid of the grey splotch.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 02:18:28 pm by mccow28 »

Offline The B.O.B.

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 04:13:41 pm
Sorry, I'm real crappy at describing what I see. what I meant was the line on his chest that seems to combine both breasts together. If you don't mind, here's an edit to show what craziness I've been talking about:

I had to do it quick, mainly cause I'm fixing to take off to work in a little bit. I just edited the chest region, and tried to make the dither pattern in the "thigh" region a little cleaner ( I couldn't find a proper way to do it, though...). I also gave the beak a little more shine to it to better define the curve, as I did to the his legs and arms...The top edit is the version with the beak casting the shadow on his chest, and the bottom edit is without the beak shadow on the chest to show what I was talking about in the breast region...But basically, thats what I trying to get across. Again, I may be misinterpereting the piece, so I apologize if this isn't the type of criticism you were expecting...
Still can't wait to see it colored though!
my back hurts...

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 04:48:10 pm
That's great critique, thanks a lot. :) I love what you did with the beak, looks a lot better. There was supposed to be second nipple, but it's not very obvious. I'll whip up an edit soon.

EDIT: Not very obvious. Not.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 05:03:15 pm by mccow28 »

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 06:18:47 pm

Double post. [oh noes]

Offline The B.O.B.

• View Profile

Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 07:19:38 pm
Heh, boobage. It looks much better now, and I like the beak job's dithering. I wish you could use another background color, or transparency to replace the bright pink color he's standing against. My eyes, the pain!!...Great improvement, though...
my back hurts...

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 12:53:31 am
I couldn't transparofy it with any of the programs I have [only have free Graphics Gale], but I made it a better bg color, similar to this forum's.

Similar to the preview window color at least. ^_^

Think I might have a simple color scheme like this.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 01:22:50 am by mccow28 »