AuthorTopic: First time posting my stuff here.  (Read 6026 times)

Offline rabidbaboy

• Jesus Beam!
    • View Profile

Re: First time posting my stuff here.

Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 03:12:17 pm
I think you're just rotating these, so it looks as if the lightsource is following the hammer.
That's an improvement, but I think you should do them all separately, it'll be harder, but it makes for better work ethics, and that's an important thing in game making.;)
"Baboy" is Filipino for pig.

Offline cpaw88

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 08:06:51 pm
Theres no need to do them each one by one, what you need to do is keep rotated them, however recolor the hammer to match your lighting and shadows.

Offline D39

• Dan3099
    • View Profile

Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 08:30:23 pm
I think you're just rotating these, so it looks as if the lightsource is following the hammer.
That's an improvement, but I think you should do them all separately, it'll be harder, but it makes for better work ethics, and that's an important thing in game making.;)

Nope I redraw them for the 45 degree angle. I just try to make the second angle that I draw match the first one as closely as I can.

I tried making the lightsource remain consistent on the two angles but I don't think it worked out to well. I wasn't able to keep the hammers shape as sharply defined when I was worrying to much about the direction of the light.

lol, assuming you used to (or still do) play graal?  if I were you, I wouldnt waste my time with that game.  they have horrible graphics artists (except for some lance guy) and a lot of the servers arent even pixeled...

Yes I do make my stuff for Graal, but I don't think I'll take your advice. I don't think you can really compare the graphics in Graal to the stuff here because its a completely different aim they're being made for.  Even if they do have horrible graphics artists, that just means I have a better chance of getting my work used on it  :P