AuthorTopic: Characters for adventure game  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Cazador

• Valhalla, i am coming
    • View Profile

Characters for adventure game

on: October 17, 2006, 06:34:13 pm
Hi, i'm Gonzalo from Argentina and this is my first post. I love pixel art and so i'm trying to do my own work. This are 3 sprites for an adventure game i'm planning to do. Feel free to make any critics.
P.D.: Sorry for my english! Corrections are welcome too!  :D
P.D.2: Here they are in the original resolution! and yes, the blonde one IS a man, it's supose to be some sort of freak nerd style...

« Last Edit: October 18, 2006, 04:27:48 pm by Cazador »

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Re: Characters for adventure game

Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 08:30:12 pm
Hmm..Would you give me your MSN please?!
Also there nice but you shouldnt of zoomed them in. The girl one bugs me. Her head doesnt move, only her hair does.

Offline progFX

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 08:43:44 pm
The girl one bugs me. Her head doesnt move, only her hair does.

Im 99% sure that that is a Male char not a female character, hence the 5'oclock shadow :)

The problem with the walking animation is that their is no lifting of the feet, looks like he is sliding his feet back and forth. They dont look to bad how ever, and would be nice for a adventure game, good job.

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 09:09:06 pm
His feet lift high enough--people don't usually lift their feet very high when walking.

The head only moves a pixel in height, you could get a smoother effect if you increased the distance that the head moved during the entire animation.

The movement of the ponytail is really random and exaggerated. The hand bounces around oddly, it should swing smoothly, like a pendulum.

The chest appears to be rotating quite a bit, but the outline of the shoulders isn't changing at all, which looks odd.

The pockets on his jeans move a bit too far back I think.

I think the strap on the backpack moves too far as well.

The first guy's feet don't match at all, one of them looks quite a bit bigger, the blond guy's feet are much better.

Your colors are a bit close together, a little more contrast might look nice.

Offline TheAbyss

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 09:38:58 pm
First of all I'd like to say this is much better than anything I can do. So, good job. But another thing that looks odd either than what the other critiquers put is on the first guy the (what I think is a) gun gets smaller when he puts his arm down after adjusting his bacpack. Yes. And is the game going to be an RPG style adventure game, or what? 0_o wow a spell checker.
Japan + Canada = Japanada

Offline Cazador

• Valhalla, i am coming
    • View Profile

Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 09:50:27 pm
Hi!, thanks to all for your critics! I'll try to fix this sprites, but right now i'm very very busy with the university (i study graphic design by the way).
The game will be a classic adventure game, like Monkey Island or Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, i'll probably do it with AGS. Also i have an RPG made with Visual Basic, soon i'll put some images of it.

See ya!