AuthorTopic: Unofficial Iso Collab 4  (Read 45914 times)

Offline dreamisle

• Software Engineer/Puzzle Author
    • View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Re: Unofficial Iso Collab 4

Reply #100 on: October 24, 2006, 11:04:01 pm
Morph - As far as the rules go, you may have tile 20. However, here are a few points you may want to consider and possibly revise your tile accordingly:

- Tile 21 may already be in progress and your tile may not fit with that tile.
- Your tile doesn't match up very well with the adjacent lava tile and you should attempt to at least flow with the lines of the neighboring tile if not mimic the style as well.
- The image already has a small section of water and your tile's water section looks very awkward compared to it. Perhaps you could try using the same colors unless you are looking for more of a swampy water effect.

I really like the geyser of lava though. It's pretty good - there's just something about the rocky ground that's bugging me. If you want to adjust your tile and take some more time to work on it, go ahead. It can always be updated later. If not, that's your choice - but someone else may wish to improve upon it and it wouldn't be entirely out of the question.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 11:29:35 pm by dreamisle »

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #101 on: October 25, 2006, 03:48:50 am
im sorry but I have to complain on this.  the top tiles about the...red stuff is obvoiusly fake looking and doesnt work at all.  and then the bottom right...wtf.  what the hell is that?  how is that art?  anyway, I suggest those should be redone asap, before anymore contributions are finished.  Just an opinion.

Offline Xion

• View Profile
    • FourbitFriday

Reply #102 on: October 25, 2006, 04:19:37 am
The purpose of these challenges is to allow people to participate in them no matter what their skill level. Just because someone's not on the level of a high-level artist doesn't mean we bar them or say "Do it over, it's not good enough." Of course if you like, you can crit the tiles and leave it up to the artist as to whether or not (and how) they utilize those crits. Just like a normal art thread, but with everyone working on a single canvas.
As for the bottom right, I'm assuming it's obviously unfinished. It still has the number on it.

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #103 on: October 25, 2006, 05:31:02 am
Dude, I do admit I rushed through my tiles a little, and was freaking out about color conservation, but don't ever say "how is that art?"
How is it not art? It's artistic expression, so what, just because you don't think it's good enough it's not art?
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)

Offline Morph

• Pixel with Gimp, Program with Python
    • View Profile

Reply #104 on: October 25, 2006, 07:02:22 pm
Ok i will improve my tile, i like to improve my stuff so i will work on it! But i don't have time right now, i will do it later. And joseph, what are you doing man? Blaming stuff from other? You can give criticism but we're all just to have fun with pixeling and if you want to show what such a good artist your are, take part to the challenge and pixel a great tile instead of blaming  :mean:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 07:14:17 pm by Morph »

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #105 on: October 26, 2006, 05:28:46 am
im saying; "how is that art?" because its what, 9 lines and two directions?  you cant call that finished.
its my opinion, and even if it may sound like im being a total ass about it, whatever, im standing by it.

Offline dreamisle

• Software Engineer/Puzzle Author
    • View Profile
    • Dave Goes the Distance

Reply #106 on: October 26, 2006, 12:08:39 pm
im saying; "how is that art?" because its what, 9 lines and two directions?  you cant call that finished.
its my opinion, and even if it may sound like im being a total ass about it, whatever, im standing by it.
Well, if you'd read the rest of the replies in this topic then you would know that it's not completely finished. And being a complete all like you were (and said so yourself) is against the board rules. A critique gives good points about the work as well as points which need improvement and lists suggestions for improvement. All you did is make probably the most rude and nonsupporting statement in the history of Pixelation.

And why is it that you don't even seem to have the balls to add the the collaborative piece yourself? You really seem like an idiot for posting such an awful crit without giving it a shot yourself. But that part is just my opinion.

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #107 on: October 26, 2006, 12:34:25 pm
Keep it cool. Joseph, if you know what you're saying is assholeish, then why say it in the first place? You're strongly warned to not repeat this behaviour. Either post constructively, or not at all.

Dreamisle, don't fall for flame-bait. You can rely on the moderators to support the rules.

Offline Morph

• Pixel with Gimp, Program with Python
    • View Profile

Reply #108 on: October 26, 2006, 02:42:24 pm
Here's my fix! i fixed the ground and the water and i think it's better  :D

Offline Sherman Gill

• View Profile

Reply #109 on: October 26, 2006, 05:21:15 pm
I'm gonna reserve 12 and 24. Who's got 15-25?
Oh yes naked women are beautiful
But I like shrimps more haha ;)