AuthorTopic: megajosh2's pixel art  (Read 9728 times)

Offline snake

• View Profile

Re: megajosh2's pixel art

Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 11:59:23 pm
Raken is full scratch... And yes, a model is pobably an edit of a model. :P I'm not trying to taboo or swindel or screw over anybody.

I'm sure you're not. Regardless, you are obligated to post your reference if you used one and you have yet to do so. Please do. I have no intention of this becoming a long and unnecessary OT conversation.

Some crits on Raken. My main concern is that you are pillowshading using many shades with little variation or contrast. Before I zoomed in it was hard to notice that there was more than two shades in there. I would suggest you use a palette with a larger variation and fewer colours to give it more volume. Also, using pure red ton green without borders or separation of any kind is usually not a good idea. Maybe you can change the hue of the red to something grayer or lighter to ease it out. There is also the way you made the legs. As they stand now they sort of wield together (also due to the palette), it might work better if you put them slightly further apart or make shadows that show that one is over or next to the other.

There is a lot of potential here. I can see you've got the Megaman style going, but I would suggest you work on your posing. I would really like to see what you can do in an edit.

Hope I was of some help. Keep it up  :y: