AuthorTopic: Rainy Medieval Town  (Read 4188 times)

Offline 0xDB

• Dennis inter-is.
    • dennisbusch_de
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/1287.htm
    • 0xdb
    • View Profile
    • 0xDB

Re: Rainy Medieval Town

Reply #10 on: August 22, 2016, 02:00:35 pm
Why in future drawings and not in this one? Tired of it? Too lazy to fix the issues?

I understand it might feel frustrating because getting the perspective projection right (if going for perspective projection is the goal... fixing the ground up to match the parallel projection of the architecture clearly is the easier and more convenient solution here) requires you to construct the scene again from scratch and throwing away what you already made but it is at the same time also a great opportunity to learn how to do it right.

If you just keep saying things like "will keep it in mind for the future" and never really fix the errors in any of your pieces, then you can never be sure that you actually see and understand your errors and you will not develop the ability to see them or to fix them for yourself. Your errors will become habit and you will get so used to them, that you will not see them. They will carry forward into your next work. I know this from experience because I used to be lazy like that and still sometimes am.

As Big Bro here once said "do not be afraid to kill your darlings". It is difficult yes and you already spend a lot of time on it yes, but the extra time you put into fixing it will be worth it, you will learn things and I assure you that you will stumble upon new problems that you need to solve while you are trying to really fix the problems, things that you will not think of just pondering upon the theory until you try to do it yourself. There is a lot to learn here on this piece for you. Do not pass up on this opportunity by being lazy, you are not doing yourself a favor.

So I strongly recommend you stay with this piece, maybe take a break of a day or two first if you are tired of it but then return to it and fix those errors, make a clean and accurate construction of those houses if you want correct perspective projection or stick to the parallel projection and fix the ground but do not leave it like it is. It is wrong and just looking at my explanation on WHY it is wrong does not teach you much, you need to go through the exercise and fix it yourself to really understand it.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 02:14:29 pm by 0xDB »

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Rainy Medieval Town

Reply #11 on: August 22, 2016, 02:20:28 pm
It's good to stay with pieces yeah, without doing that you don't get full pieces done as best they can be.
but not everyone learn best that way. Some gotta apply that knowledge to a fresh canvas or it doesn't stick as good in their head, and for practice works that's perfectly fine.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |