AuthorTopic: Anatomy/Posing Practice Ft. BIG  (Read 15874 times)

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Anatomy/Posing Practice

Reply #20 on: September 05, 2016, 07:42:44 am
Too much black, and the eyes feel too flat. Study eyesockets a bit, it's handy to have that shape on hand.

A female human skull, so you can understand the underlying structure

And an unrelated female face, so you can see how that affects the structural composition of it.

While the main shape of your face is excellent, the middle bit is where it's hitting trouble since there's no attention to the browline or the nose besides that small anime nubbins and as a result the face looks like a flat panel with features drawn onto it.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #21 on: September 05, 2016, 06:13:26 pm
small anime nubbins

Still trying to figure out what to do with the blush.  It feels flat with nothing there, but not quite right as it is now.

Offline PixelPiledriver

• Yo!
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Reply #22 on: September 05, 2016, 11:09:15 pm
And knowing that it is, we seek what it is... ~ Aristotle, Posterior Analytics, Chapter 1

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #23 on: September 06, 2016, 02:24:15 am

Hopefully a happy medium.  I want the bigger eyes, but the hair is definitely more in line with what I wanted.  Probably ended up a bit samey, but I plan on trying out different hairstyles and different characters.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #24 on: September 09, 2016, 06:05:13 am

An attempt at Marcellus Black aka The Great Black Otaku aka Brennan Williams, using this as reference. 

I think I made a decent pirate, but I'm a few steps away from what I want.  The colors I'm the least happy with, and I want to say that I'm missing something really obvious that would make him recognizable.

Offline MysteryMeat

• mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #25 on: September 09, 2016, 08:08:44 am
His beard is a longer squarer shape and he's missing the lines under his eyes. His eyebrows also seem too upturned, in the photo they're way more "pulled together", i'd say a pixel or two extra width inwards. They also need a bit of thickening, dude's got square brows. His nose looks different to in your piece, i'm seeing dimples between the nose edges and moustache that i think were intended as extensions of the nostrils. Can't be sure.

Also, his dreadlocks.
it's the small things!

Offline MysteryMeat

• mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #26 on: September 10, 2016, 03:22:29 am

Applied some of the crits I mentioned above. I also desaturated the skin a bit, to give it a closer match to the picture.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #27 on: September 13, 2016, 05:20:37 am
I cleaned it up a tiny bit, and was retweeted by Brennan.  I feel accomplished and learned!

Also made this.  It's the same character as the blonde (For story reasons, she can change hairstyles on a whim, and I'll probably play with more varied faces/colors/etc. as I continue), and I tried a new color with the hair, plus style.  It's supposed to be a lot tamer, so I wanted the locks to look a bit tighter and more cohesive.  I think I prefer the blonde one a bit better, but I can't really explain why, so if there's a reason, I'd like to know.

Offline MysteryMeat

• mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Reply #28 on: September 13, 2016, 07:19:01 am
I'm liking the redhead version actually, it goes with the rounder face better i think. Gives her kind of a stronger impression, like she's packing some muscle.
The yellow hair, conversely, doesn't contrast as much with the skin and gives a slightly skimmer appearance, which is a trick i'm going to experiment with all week now

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #29 on: September 16, 2016, 06:45:58 am
I'm liking the redhead version actually, it goes with the rounder face better i think. Gives her kind of a stronger impression, like she's packing some muscle.
The yellow hair, conversely, doesn't contrast as much with the skin and gives a slightly skimmer appearance, which is a trick i'm going to experiment with all week now

I've always thought of her as defaulting to blonde, so I may just prefer it because of that.  I feel it fits her more, though I also have her personality.  I also added some more colors just for variety.  I think I'll go for another character so I don't loop in on hairstyles.

http://jtangc.tumblr.com/image/149855766090
I was also looking at these and thought they looked pretty solid.  I probably took a few too many cues from the fighting stance one, but I like how this turned out for a first go.  I'll probably make some more of these.