AuthorTopic: Urizen Zero, them Snowy Mountains  (Read 1787 times)

Offline bshadow8

• View Profile

Urizen Zero, them Snowy Mountains

on: July 21, 2016, 12:19:55 am
Been at it for hours,  how do you guys like it?  Used stock photos for reference.

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: Urizen Zero, them Snowy Mountains

Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 01:54:02 am
I'd say tweak the snow some, make it more varied to give it some depth. Bigger bits, smaller ones, and blurry ones that are right up against the camera. The mountains themselves are excellent, though they seem a bit blurry if I zoom in on them. Is this a screenshot, or is that just for the 1:1 scale effect?

Also also, that text in the text box isn't centered and it looks weird, as someone who's used to left-aligned or centered text.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Re: Urizen Zero, them Snowy Mountains

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 12:34:54 pm
Good comments by MysteryMeat. I feel like the snow is obscuring the image the way they are now. The very very small dark mountains on the foreground (in front of the light house mountains) look weird. They make it looks like there's a black hole on your canvas.

I think your gold borders/frames (for dialogue and the entire image) don't fit your overall composition and mood but that's just me. And that might not matter since backgrounds chance all the time in games. I do think you should work on polishing the frame/border eventually. Flourishes like icons/patterns/shapes, highlight, shadow, drop shadow, a little down arrow that tells the player there's more text below, etc.