AuthorTopic: Large Gnome - Snakes lines  (Read 2820 times)

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Large Gnome - Snakes lines

on: October 03, 2006, 06:02:58 am
Yeah.  I took the lines snake made while describing what was in the tank in the Iso Collaboration and coloured them using them Fadatar pallette. 

I like the pants the most :D

EDIT:  I forgot to mention that I edited the lines to fit my purposes.

Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Re: Large Gnome - Snakes lines

Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 03:00:20 pm
Hahaha, I actually choked when I read the title. You've made him sort of hobo-ish. I likes.  :y:

Well... this is going to be weird to crit. Allright:

There is some slight pillowshading near the beard's tips. Judging from the shades on his folds, the lightsource should be somewhere from the top, yet there are no shadows here. There is also a conflict with the outline as the head, hands and feet have a coloured one while the rest of it is black. Using just one of them would make it seem less messy.

Don't understand why you would want to use that lineart. I just made it as a demonstration, didn't really think much of it. You've given him character though, I'll give you that.

If there's en update comming, I am certainly looking forward to it.  :)

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Re: Large Gnome - Snakes lines

Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 03:42:52 am
Hmm.  I was shading as if the lightsource was coming from somewhere in front and to the left of him. 

Also, I used a black outline on what I wanted to stick out more.  I used it on the beard to try and get some relief.  I used it on the pants to try and make them seem thick, heavy.  And on the skin, I wanted it to seem a bit softer, if thats the right word, than the rest.  I had my reasons, and I was also just messing around with techniques, if you could call the that, in my head.

However, just for you, ill make an edit according to your suggestions. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.