AuthorTopic: [c+c] simple rpg characters // base  (Read 1699 times)

Offline faun

• View Profile

[c+c] simple rpg characters // base

on: July 16, 2016, 07:14:36 am
so i'm working on creating a game in rpg maker mv (( previously posted about it here )) && i created a sort-of base to make my human is characters out of (( keep in mind I'm completely redoing the animal sprites and tiles i posted there as well )) - i have modified it a lil bit for each character, so it's not the exact same every time, but basically the shapes are similar enough to where you dont have to specifically critique each one, just the base or w/e. the base was done first, then the girl with dark hair, then the cat - thing with orange hair. i haven't pixelled basically since i made that post months ago... am i improving at all? lmao i feel like I'm not...

basically the point of this post is to get some c+c on whether the characters fit together // if i should make any changes. idk where to even start with shading... is everything too simple or do you think if i keep the tilesets simple as well i can pull it off? do you see any improvement at all//what are basics that i still need to work on? that was a loooot of questions um literally any answers would be helpful thank you so much!!!

also i figured i'd explain the context a bit:: the game is called petrichor and is basically a mix between animal crossing & harvest moon && a lil bit of magician's quest if you've ever heard of those. it's kind of a strange project about exploration and relationship building with oddball characters and lots of options !!

Offline MysteryMeat

• "The new alternative to q-tipping your cat!"
    • mysterymeat
    • spoiledmysterymeat
    • View Profile
    • My rad art blog!

Re: [c+c] simple rpg characters // base

Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 05:43:18 pm
I'd say this is all pretty good. i might eschew shadows altogether on the sprites here, or at least keep it a minimal thing like along the hairlines or just under skirts. too much might ruin the bright cartoony vibe you're getting now, which is a good vibe for moeelaid back games like the ones mentioned.
PSA: use imgur
http://pixelation.org/index.php?topic=19838.0 also go suggest on my quest, cmon
MAJOR BORK TALLY: |

Offline heyguy

• View Profile

Re: [c+c] simple rpg characters // base

Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 12:00:57 pm
Looks good! Wish you would post an animated gif on the final product so it's easier to critique. The knee is bending kind of weirdly on the little girl. Where she's taking a step forward on the side view. Same with the cat but it less noticeable because of the dress. I wouldn't really know without seeing it in action but your elongated neck on that one frame might look weird. Just me though. I like your sprites though! They have an Undetale, Earthbound look to them!