AuthorTopic: [C+C] [WIP] Adrift in Otherworld  (Read 1242 times)

jun

[C+C] [WIP] Adrift in Otherworld

on: July 03, 2016, 11:09:32 am
Hello!

I'd appreciate some help with this. I'm a little trouble with anatomy and perspective in this, so I figured I'll make a thread before proceeding.
Also, I'd love some more ideas on interesting compositions!
It's supposed to be a person looking back in terror, as if he's being watched by something. The flora and fauna is supposed to be "not from this world"
I think his right leg looks a little awkward. Not entirely sure.
There are also some misc props and small houses scattered around. I'll have to normalize those a bit.
The bigger house in the background is supposed to be semi-visible, the background color will be dark.
maybe I should show torso rotation and have him drop the lamp for a more interesting composition ???
Thank you!

« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 11:14:08 am by jun »

Offline wzl

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] [WIP] Adrift in Otherworld

Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 11:49:32 am
hey jun, nice to see you working on something :D
for the guy, its really hard to make outwhat actually he's doing. right now he looks like he discovered something in the distance. he doesnt look quite scared. You could put more emphasis in the turn around motion to put focus on the 'someone is following him' vibe.
The piece is very loosely plastered together. i can see where it is going at, but try to blockout the whole canvas, to get a better feel for the environment surrounding him.
this has a lot of potential. curious where you take it :D

jun

Re: [C+C] [WIP] Adrift in Otherworld

Reply #2 on: July 03, 2016, 03:30:17 pm
Thanks wzl!  That was exactly what I had in mind, too! It helped a lot. :y: :y:

Some progress:
WIP

Anatomy is still a little off. BUTTS.
Might move around the grass colors a bit more
Not too happy with tree colors and texture, will tackle that soon.
I'll keep working on it. 
A beautiful face, it is.

I have to clean all the textures, the grass looks ugly and chaotic
Any thoughts/suggestions?

Update #2

I think I'll have to move a few colors around so the trees are a bit more readable, also some general refining passes. Then I'll work on the character and foreground.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 05:06:12 pm by jun »