AuthorTopic: Studying Skeleton  (Read 1797 times)

Offline Sairue

• View Profile

Studying Skeleton

on: July 08, 2016, 10:37:34 pm

reference:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/600x315/ce/7f/24/ce7f249804963d4296d6b5ac2b3412bf.jpg

So yeah, long time from the last post. Anyways, I'm studying a bit more on skeleton structure at the moment.

-Is my skull tilting down?
-Is the rib cage too wide?
-This is probably me, but is the mandible a bit off?

Offline drain.

• I wear glasses, play guitar and pixel.
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/64236.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Studying Skeleton

Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 03:18:21 am
I would definitely recommend starting with paper if you're going into something new. Drawing paper goes much faster than studying art concepts with pixels directly.

As for the piece itself, it's going nice. I'm not personally great with anatomy, but it seems to be going fine. You could polish your pixel technique a bit, though. I'd make an edit, but I don't have any access to photoshop atm.

Offline lachrymose

• View Profile

Re: Studying Skeleton

Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 03:01:49 pm
Nice start  :y:

Head is a little funky. But heads are in general. Humans have weird heads.

To answer your first question though your head is sort of tilted down, not terribly noticeable though. Might be because the anatomy is off as well though.

Rip cage is def to wide. Seems like you noticed it yourself which is good, I'm happy to verify.

Mandible is off because you didn't tilt the mandible with the rest of the head.

With his left forearm, I'm not really sure if we'd see a gap at all in the Ulna and Radius. While they are separate you'll notice that they move pretty parallel to each other, for us to see a noticeable gap in the skeleton the wrist would have to either be angled directly toward us or away from us. But I'd have to look at some refs to find out for sure. It is a tricky spot.

Everything else looks pretty good. Love the shoulders

Quickie edit