AuthorTopic: [CC] Hikage from Senran Kagura  (Read 5121 times)

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Re: [CC] Hikage from Senran Kagura

Reply #10 on: April 11, 2016, 05:38:00 am
Those colours are much easier on the eyes to look at. But there are still the same problems with the chest and head. To me the chest is just reading as an orange cloth with random brown wire tied all over it, not the form of two breasts. You'll need to find a way to study anatomy that works for you.

https://41.media.tumblr.com/639e7125869d48abe898bf6e438bdbfc/tumblr_inline_o3hipy8R0q1tyn0tw_540.jpg
I'm having problems communicating shading thanks to the pattern...  I looked a bit more at the reference image above and tried to follow the shapes better, albeit on a bit larger scale. I think the one without the pattern looks pretty good, but then it all gets covered.
Also added an outline cuz it looks nice IMO.

For the moment, I guess I'm just going to stare at more breasts.
For art.

Offline rocifier

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: April 11, 2016, 07:02:29 am
Where is the light source coming from? I was imagining it coming from above and slightly forward when I edited the pants. That would mean the breasts would be lighter on top and darker where they turn to face away from the overhead light (on both the base colour AND pattern colour). Also compare where the bulk of the breasts are on yours vs the reference and pay attention to the arm pit areas. Currently she is looking fatter than I think you want her to (going by your original cartoon character influence, and the leanness of the rest of her body).

EDIT: Also you worked hard to soften the internal black outlines everywhere and the piece looked quite harmonious. Then you added in black/dark outlines which really detract from the subtle shading on the figure. Ugh. If you must have an out line, try to tone it down more especially towards the angle of the light source where you can make it quite light.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:57:16 am by rocifier »

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 06:28:42 pm

Looked at a bit more of her art and wound up with the above, but in regards to the breasts making her look fat, I'm torn between what to do, as she (And most of the Senran Kagura girls) have larger than average breasts regardless of body type. I put up an alt version with a more accurate size, but I still am not sure if it's in the right direction.

Offline dpixel

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/20306.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: April 11, 2016, 09:16:57 pm
Some ideas:

I think you need to go sparingly on the detail on the yellow top.  I think I created some anatomy problems, but hope it helps.

Offline Rosier

• View Profile

Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 03:21:14 am

@dpixel, I'm not a fan of the torso.   I feel like the neckline makes it look like a big torso stuck on a diminutive waist.  That and I feel like the head is a departure for what I'm going for.

It did make me retool half of everything, though.  Redid the pattern to the basest level I'm willing to go to, tooled up the arms, and reworked the shading on the hair, plus a bunch of random misc stuff.

Still not sure on the chest size, though.