AuthorTopic: [Finished?] The treeman  (Read 14040 times)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Re: The treeman

Reply #10 on: September 25, 2006, 12:17:54 am
What he means is that your texture looks like hair and nothing like tree (bark), which is correct for most of it...

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 12:21:19 am
Well it was a simple edit showing that the whole body should have texture not just half of it. Hehe a hairy tree.. :lol:

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #12 on: September 25, 2006, 12:25:04 am
But then that's pointless because Feron clearly mentioned in the first post he wasn't finished with that.
I must say the hairyness of the bark isn't entirely VictorR's fault because Feron did have that sort of feel about it there aswel. Perhaps widen some of the 'strips' to make it more like the chips and plates you get on some trees (i may be thinking of a different type of tree entirely though..)

Btw my second paragraph was trying to get people off the fact it needs to be poseable by a real person, or the fact it has to have perfect anatomy.

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 03:12:17 am
Well I appreciate you agreeing with me but my bark looks alot more like hair then wood. When he said that he wasnt finished I directly assumed he'd leave the body how it is and go into the leaves. It was a mis conception?

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 06:34:44 am
I cant really see any anatomical changes apart from blacking out the bulges.  I did say in my post That I am not finished with it and I will plan to do all the texture all over.  I think some of your texture looks like hair because you kinda scribbled with the light brown, whereas I took a while to get it down precisely as i wanted.  Thanks for the edit though, I appreciate everything that gets thrown my way.   :)

Larwick - thanks for the comment about variation with the bark - i'll be testing out a few things later.

but one must go to school now  :(
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 06:40:57 am by Feron »

Offline Sohashu

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: September 25, 2006, 12:27:50 pm

Im no expert on anatomy, but I made this extreeeemely quick edit closing in abs and adding obliques. 
Back from hiatus, just remembered how excellent this community is at forming technique in a fledgeling artist of any kind.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: [wip] The treeman

Reply #16 on: September 26, 2006, 05:53:35 pm
Thanks mccow, your edit really helped me on the abs/torso  ;D

Offline pixelblink

• View Profile
    • pixeljoint

Re: [wip] The treeman *()pd@73d: 29/9/06*

Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 07:25:06 am
I really am liking the detail on this guy, Shark. The one thing I will say is that it seems odd that a tree would look so shiny and that blueish second light source. Maybe a softer and less contrasting tone would suit it better?
I think you should add some knots for his nipples and maybe some mossy growth from the ground, fading out up until his crotch area. Looking forward to some serious updates soon from you dude
peace out

Offline Ryumaru

• to be animated soonly
    • ChrisPariano
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 10:31:38 am
youre still lacking deltoid muscles, its comin along very nicely tho.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deltoid_muscle

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #19 on: September 29, 2006, 12:37:12 pm
I'll wait with a critique on the texture and the leaves at the moment. I just wanted to touch upon your tree's anatomy and pose, as I feel there's still a few things that haven't been mentioned. Judging from the face, you *might* be going for a slight abstaction of the human figure because of him being a tree and all. Still, I tried doing your picture with  a few tweaks to his structure:

I noticed that he's leaning over to the right on your version. I Don't know if this was intentional so I tried to correct his direction. Also added roots because I thought it looked a little strange with the tree just ending flat like that.

Hope it was of some use. Looking forward to your next edit.