AuthorTopic: [Finished?] The treeman  (Read 14041 times)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

[Finished?] The treeman

on: September 24, 2006, 09:50:00 pm
Title says it all.  Still in production so no "add texture to the rest of it" please.  I'd mainly like comments on the anatomy and form.. but all C&C is appreciated.

Edit:

Early wip stages:

Finished?

« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 08:37:24 pm by Feron »

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Re: The treeman

Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 10:10:46 pm
It's all good so far. What bothers me is the right arm(our left) it looks like his looking back at a 180 angle. :mean:

Offline miascugh

• Schnitzelfiend
    • View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 10:18:01 pm
Oh, nice, i was instantly reminded of Henk Nieborg. The abs are not very.. human, heh, but i guess it's ok; the gap in the middle is a bit too dark. I do suggest though to get rid of this bulge near his armpit, and also the one over the shoulder.

add tex- no, i won't

Offline Godslayer

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 10:24:36 pm
He lacks deltoids and triceps.

I dont know about anyone else, but raising your arms like that is increibly painful :huh: I think I was about to pull something when I stopped, I couldnt actualy assume that position. Have his arms go straight up like |.| that, where the period is his head.

His ribcage is too short. It ends that far up yes, but only right beneath the middle of the pectoralis, on the sides it extends down much further.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 10:26:26 pm by Godslayer »
How long can the floor creak before it loses its voice?

Werewolf

Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 10:28:52 pm
The pose is perfect I think. Reminds me of Atlas, carrying the skies. Not sure how the texture is going to turn out, but I can't wait to see where you go with it. Completely just speculating, I wonder what it would look like if your turned his head into sort of a stumped brach, with two leafs by comparison, or something (if you get what I mean). Not that a man tree is natural anyway, heh. Very cool, I'll be waiting for the next update intently.

Offline Cow

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 10:38:11 pm
the gap in the middle is a bit too dark.
People post crits really quickly here. Was gonna say that. :-X

Made an edit to the abs, they're still not too great in my edit but it looks a little better I think. And never mind the shinyness of him in my edit.

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 10:54:30 pm
He lacks deltoids and triceps.

I dont know about anyone else, but raising your arms like that is increibly painful :huh: I think I was about to pull something when I stopped, I couldnt actualy assume that position. Have his arms go straight up like |.| that, where the period is his head.

His ribcage is too short. It ends that far up yes, but only right beneath the middle of the pectoralis, on the sides it extends down much further.

Hehe... I am honoured you actually put yourself in this position... but he is a tree and doesnt feel pain.  I too put myself in this position ( a lot) but as I am double-jointed I didnt feel anything wrong with it  ???

About the muscles... (deltoids and triceps) I am not that great at anatomy... but I'll add them in the next edit.

I didnt actually notice the bulge by the armpit, thanks for pointing it out.

Miascugh - part of the pallete is Henk Nieborgs... He is definitley one of my major influences.  The gap in the middle is quite dark... But I was to go for more tree than human, with dark bits, like the tree was overwhleming his muscles.  But like i said still very in progress, and when i come to texture the abs it will probably look better.

mcow - I really appreciate the edit and will take it all into account  ;D

Thanks for comments so far, Its probably a bit late to do more work tonight but I'll definitley get a big chunk done tomorow.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 11:04:23 pm by Feron »

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 11:41:03 pm

I believe I fixed the little anatomy problems. I textured in the chest and arms, the leaves were just a little add in.

Offline Larwick

• Larwick
    • http://www.pixeljoint.com/p/3794.htm
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 12:13:13 am
Victor, personally i think you've just made him look hairy, and there are still anatomy problems.

As i said over at PJ, i really like the concept of this. And i think it would be better for everyone (including Feron) to think of this more like a tree which resembles a man, rather than a man whom resembles a tree.. perhaps .. if that makes sense.  :y:

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Reply #9 on: September 25, 2006, 12:16:02 am
Heh..hairy, thats funny..I agree with you but if you look at a tree, it wouldnt be smooth. It would have a jagedy texture.