AuthorTopic: [C+C] I'm a newbie, need feedback please (animation)  (Read 1625 times)

Offline Eirikra

• View Profile
Hi, I made this for a school assignment where I have to make myself with pixel art with a short animation, so I made this:

Based on this two:

What do you think? Should I go ahead and animate it? I also want to be actually able to do decent pixel art because I like it a lot but I haven't really put a lot of time to practice it.. so it's not just for an assignment, I do enjoy it.

Thanks! :)
And good to see a forum that has a lot of activity.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 07:39:14 am by Eirikra »

Offline Ambivorous

• If you can't do; inspire.
    • ambivorous
    • ambivorous
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/47949.htm
    • ambivorous
    • View Profile

Re: [C+C] I'm a newbie, need feedback

Reply #1 on: March 03, 2016, 08:45:25 am
Let me start out by saying it's awesome to hear that there are school assignments that require pixel art!

You seem to already have a good grasp of lighting, which is nice, and your character does have some personality. However, I feel like you could push the amount of personality way further.

The thing I found most lacking was the pose. She's just standing straight up doing nothin'.
Here I've drawn a stick figure over your image with a more 'dynamic' pose (pretty generic female pose really).

Then I just rolled with it.
Added a little more contrast so I could define some things more.
* may contain misinformation

Offline Eirikra

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] I'm a newbie, need feedback

Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 07:38:44 am
Sorry for taking long to answer, didn't want to post with empty hands.

I'm studying Game Design, and yeah it's pretty awesome :)
And I liked the color changes you made so I kept them, you were also right about it missing personality but a generic female pose doesn't go with me so I just put the hands in the pockets (which is a common pose for me). Then went ahead and made the animation... I don't like the frames where she's crouching or standing up but that's the best I could do.

I'm gonna crop the extra space after finishing up. What do you think?