AuthorTopic: Bruce Lee Portrait  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Lunarovich

• View Profile

Bruce Lee Portrait

on: January 22, 2016, 10:07:07 am
Hello, although I'm not sure if I will do more work on this piece, I would like to hear yours C+C in order to improve my future work. Thank you in advance for all your help :)

Offline 32

• @AngusDoolan
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/19827.htm
    • View Profile

Re: Bruce Lee Portrait

Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 10:17:38 am
Needs some basic anatomy tweaks, the head is too far off to the side and too high, pulling that in would help a lot. Try flipping the image horizontally to get a new sense of it. The collar bones are also too high and the line down the centre of the chest is too dark, I'd suggest looking at some references, Bruce has very defined muscles so you could definitely get a bit of that rippled texture in there. His face is a little bit long. His nunchuk hand is too small and the wrist thins too much, the shading on that forearm could be a lot better.

The texture on the singlet looks really great. Please give it some more time, I think it's shaping up to be a great piece ;D

Offline transilience

• View Profile

Re: Bruce Lee Portrait

Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 11:06:11 pm
Use the reference image next to it to see how to better represent Bruce Lee's likeness:

You can see that the face isn't quite right eh?

The eyes on yours are too small and the nose juts out too far.

32 has a lot of good points, but in this case I think his face has a rather stretchy look to it from this angle, perhaps only shorten it down a bit.

The area around his side burns needs a bit of angle adjustment, on yours it's wider and more rounded.

And the face lines are too long.