AuthorTopic: [Hobby/Profit share] Looking for an artist for a Metroid/Megaman style game  (Read 2276 times)

Offline curtamyth

• View Profile
Hello. I'm an amateur game developer working on a open-world platform shooter game with various weapons and abilities to collect, similar to a Metroid-style game. The setting is futuristic, taking place within a self-sustaining tower city built around a space elevator, and involving various robots. So far I've been prototyping the game's core mechanics, most of them should be roughly complete by the coming weekend.

The goal of the project is to develop my skills (including teamwork) and add to my (admittedly skimpy at this time) portfolio of finished projects, and my ideal collaborator would have the same goal. They should also be willing to commit to working on this seriously for at least a couple of months. When I say seriously I don't mean I want someone who will quit their day job and work for me full time, I simply mean someone who makes an honest effort to put in as much time as they are able to make the project succeed, not because they feel obligated but just because they enjoy it and are passionate. I am treating this project as a vehicle for collaborative artistic expression, and my ideal collaborator will be someone who doesn't want to simply draw what I tell them to draw, but actually take an active role in deciding the overall art design of the game.

If (and I really mean IF) the project is going well after a couple months, we can consider selling the game or holding a Kickstarter, and if that were to happen you as the artist would be entitled to 30% of the profits. I am also looking for a musician who would take another percentage, but if by chance you're some incredible person who can do both sound and graphics and has great ideas for both it could be a two-person game and a 50-50 split. Enough about that though, I feel as though I'm getting way ahead of myself when I talk about money.

If you are interested in seeing my previous completed game (yes, one game :-[) you can check it out here: http://ludumdare.com/compo/ludum-dare-34/?action=preview&uid=63895
I made it in 72 hours for Ludum Dare 34, it's flawed, and as you can tell I am not much of a graphic artist, hence why I would like a collaborator for my current project.

Offline Sandwich

• View Profile
Hi, I'm an amateur artist/animator and I'm interested in talking more about this over email if you'd like. I don't have much of a portfolio either and I'd like to gain some experience.