AuthorTopic: [CLOSED] Android cartoonish boggle/scrabble-like game  (Read 2911 times)

Offline mougino

• View Profile

[CLOSED] Android cartoonish boggle/scrabble-like game

on: January 13, 2016, 02:34:11 pm
Hi to the community!

I am an Android programmer, a main contributor to the RFO-BASIC! language for Android, and creator of many PC tools (www.rfo-basic.com, http://mougino.free.fr)

I recently made an open source Android clone of an existing cartoonish (PC) Flash game of the type boggle/scrabble. My implementation improves the user interface (more suitable for a phone/tablet), and most of all I extended the game engine to support many different languages: English, French, German, Greek, Norwegian and Romanian words for the moment, still expanding.

I can provide the link to the APK and source code upon request (PM or e-mail me).

The game is complete and fully playable, but it is currently using the original graphic and sound resources.
I want to offer the game on Google Play, so I have to redo the entire set of resources. While I can find decent free sound effects and tune them, I need someone for the graphics. That's where you (Pixel Artist) enter the game!

The job
I am giving carte blanche to the artist.
Basically, you can propose any idea for the main character, the backgrounds, the atmosphere, even if it implies changing (a little) the game mechanics, the animations, or the size/location of the graphic elements in the app!
I am very open and don't want to restrain your creative spirit. For example, the principle of burning tiles and game-over burning animation can be changed if you propose something else. The name of the game is also open for change.

In details
There would be 20 pictures to produce (PNG is prefered) with dimensions ideally based on the existing resources:
[TITLE SCREEN / HOW TO PLAY]
- (x1) 640x960 background image for the title screen, along with:
- (x1) 144x207 picture of the main character
- (x1) 620x282 word art for the game title
- (x3) three different blocks of variable sizes for the 3 options of the game (new game, continue, howto)
[MAIN GAME]
- (x1) 640x960 gaming board with several parts including a bottom bar with a progress indicator
- (x4) 126x128 pictures of the main character: idle, swallowing tiles, worried, game over (burnt)
- (x7) 90x91 tiles: normal, burning, color #1 (green), color #2 (gold), color #3 (saphire), selected (white +transparency), hot
- (x2) a 590x637 form used for dialog messages, along with its 234x60 button form

Payment
Two payment options are possible: either a one-time payment (part at order, rest at delivery), or a revenue share scheme.
Both can be negotiated by e-mail once I hire you.

Contact
If you are interested, please send your portfolio and/or your ideas or first draft of images (once I give you the link to the existing resource). E-mail mougino at free dot fr.

Nicolas
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 10:47:12 am by mougino »

Offline MrtheNoronha

• View Profile
HI, my name is Daniel Noronha, I am from Brazil, this job is perfect to me, look at my portifolio ( gifs are in low resolution):

http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=18914.0

or even, my portifolio at envato:

http://graphicriver.net/item/pixel-monster-set/9696296

my email : danielfagundesdenoronha@ymail.com

Cheers!

Offline DracoDragon42

• @DracoDragon42
    • View Profile
Hi, I am intrested in making art for this game. you can see my portfolio at  http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=19449.0.
I am not sure if my parents will allow me to do this, but I have a good amount of time on my hands and I want to do something with that time. And, I got to start somewhere, so why not here. Thanks

Also you can email me at draco.art42@gmail.com

Offline mougino

• View Profile

Re: [CLOSED] Android cartoonish boggle/scrabble-like game

Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 10:47:25 am
Thanks to all people who contacted me. The position has been filled.

Nicolas