AuthorTopic: Simple Skeleton [WIP]  (Read 2084 times)

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Simple Skeleton [WIP]

on: January 06, 2016, 08:09:38 am
I decided to try to make a skeleton. I feel like i am mostly having trouble with the skull. Criticism would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:11:18 am by Roach »

Offline DracoDragon42

• @DracoDragon42
    • View Profile

Re: Simple Skeleton [WIP]

Reply #1 on: January 06, 2016, 10:14:57 am
a quick edit I did. I made the hip bones hip bones, raised the chest, added a rib, changed face, added hands, improved shading a bit, and I made one of the colors darker. I also gave it a little more perspective, but good drawing nonetheless.

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 10:58:49 am
@DracoDragon42: Hey Draco! thanks for the reply! very useful. Unfortunately I disagree with some of the changes made, but agree with quite a few. For one, I don't believe the face needs to be changes, and the face you chose kind of like a minecraft skeleton. As for the rest of it very nicely displayed. This is what I had come up with from your feed back.

I had made modifications to the shading, shade color, hands, left leg, neck, and hip bone. I am trying to keep it the exact size it is at, so I don't want to stretch the length of it as much as you had in your edit. Very useful feedback thank you!

Offline dpixel

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/20306.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 02:15:19 pm
This stuff is tricky at this size.  Looks good though.
Seems like the eye sockets should be larger.  And as a whole, it does seem a bit squashed, especially the mid section. 
I raised the neck by 1 pixel and tried to emphasize the 3/4 view.

Offline Roach

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 02:06:14 am
@Dpixel: Wow very nice edit! Extremely helpful. I agree I was struggling with the skull and the ribs the most. Your skull shape is much more realistic.

I modified the ribs, added some more shadow, modified the neck and the shoulder and also modified the skull and eye sockets.