AuthorTopic: Frank the Priest of Thor  (Read 1651 times)

Offline uok

• View Profile

Frank the Priest of Thor

on: December 30, 2015, 11:27:08 am
Another PC from my Planescape campaign, Frank the Priest of Thor.
I've studied the edits to the Gnome Thief and used less colors, put the light source in an obvious position, used unified outlines and got rid of anti aliasing completely for this one.

I also wanted to give a glow effect around the hammer and put an engraving on the breastplate but have no idea how to do the first one and I am too tired to bother with the second one right now but I wanted to put it out there. Does anybody have any suggestions on how to do a classic glowing magical weapon effect?

Offline Ambivorous

• If you can't do; inspire.
    • ambivorous
    • ambivorous
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/47949.htm
    • ambivorous
    • View Profile

Re: Frank the Priest of Thor

Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 03:54:11 pm
This is certainly a lot better. Well done.

As for your question about glow effects...
I like to pretend that I use over exposure to achieve glow effects, but really I have no idea because I don't understand cameras, but here's what I do:

So first off, I put a fully saturated colour (in this example it's a blue) around a white outline and then I increase the brightness of everything touching the white outline from the inside. Easiest effect ever.
I also changed your lighting to a more two-tone, additive-light-mimicing style.
Then I dropped the brightness of everything around the glow and lightning to make it look more like it's glowing so much the light around it can't handle. Now it sticks out more.
* may contain misinformation

Offline Digivoxel

• View Profile

Re: Frank the Priest of Thor

Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 04:05:43 pm
Also don't forget that when there is a glow effect, the character in the instance will be taking on the light source of the glow as well.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 04:08:27 pm by Digivoxel »