AuthorTopic: [WIP] Game art  (Read 4879 times)

Offline Crit Nasty

• My Pixel Art adventure started 12/12/2015.
    • View Profile

Re: [WIP] Game art

Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 09:43:55 am
Wow, that looks phenomenal! Your background is great and adds a nice new sense of depth; especially with that new layer of tress. I agree with Pusty, however, the cloud in the middle is quite massive and distracts with its stupendous size. The cloud shadings look dope and are contrasted very well and have perfect values! I love the way the barn looks and feels with it being all gritty and dirty, but the shading on the upper window feels a bit off from your light source. The rest of the barn has  a sense of being flat, but that's just due to a current lack of shading and shadows--but I'm sure you're already already working on that... This is the kind of progress and skill that keeps me coming back to these forums day to day, thank you for sharing! Furthermore, I cannot wait to see your up and coming update!
One does not simply crit.

Offline Ambivorous

• If you can't do; inspire.
    • ambivorous
    • ambivorous
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/47949.htm
    • ambivorous
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: December 28, 2015, 07:58:37 pm
This is looking really good. Just a few issues with your contrast that are probably making your life more difficult.

Dropped the contrast on the trees, and really dropped the contrast on your grass (read as: made the darker shade lighter).
Increased the contrast on your barn wall and added some shadows from the grass.
Added more shape to your farmer. I feel like he needs more love, because right now he's looking a little too square (and also too dark).
* may contain misinformation

Offline Digivoxel

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: December 30, 2015, 01:27:58 am
I would also suggest some more love to the Farmer. Unless I'm misunderstanding this, but the farmer looks more like a background piece, not a part of the intractable game. I literally love everything I see so far, though there's something strange for the barn for me. Maybe it's just how much more complex the shading is compared to everything else. The trees, dirt, grass, mountains, everything tie in so well together, and the barn seems like it's a different game.

Offline HayovR

• View Profile

Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 05:32:39 pm
Thanks for the edit and feedback dudes, I am learning a lot from it!