AuthorTopic: mad props  (Read 24984 times)

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

mad props

on: September 19, 2006, 11:35:46 pm
this is a big deal guys, dont take this for granted...the admins bust their asses to make this place as good as it is.

skin is marvelous, very tasteful. reminds me of the old pix, the nostalgia is settling in. i love it already. thank god bruce is gone.
alexander

Offline Pawige

• View Profile
    • The Noisy Sanctum

Re: mad props

Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 03:36:57 pm
It all looks totally wicked!

:y:

Offline setz

• View Profile
    • splixel

Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 11:54:11 pm
this is probably the coolest color scheme/theme I've seen for any website, actually, I love it.

Offline Aleiav

• I like my coffee black just like my metal.
    • View Profile
    • Gothiclola (dot) Net

Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 12:41:46 am
I love the new color scheme as well. It's nice without being too hard on the eyes.

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 03:13:36 am
this is a big deal guys, dont take this for granted...the admins bust their asses to make this place as good as it is.

skin is marvelous, very tasteful. reminds me of the old pix, the nostalgia is settling in. i love it already. thank god bruce is gone.

I couldn't be happier with the design. Beautfiul. Simple. Effective. The little touches here and there are awesome, like the highlights on the the reply/quote/home/help/search/etc buttons. Or the pixel-fied BBcode buttons. And it's all tied together colour-wise in a cohesive and easy-to-read manner.

I'm almost shocked by how much of a different feel this board gives compared to the old neutral Pixelopolis colour. I'm changing the backgrounds in all my pixels from now on to a slightly tinted grey. Complete grey almost feels evil now.

Thank you to all the guys and girls who made this a reality. All bars have been picked up, smashed, and left two miles behind! You did great!

PS. The multi -res/-zoom banner seals the deal. I'm seeing purpose to the design everywhere I look. This is how a pixel board is supposed to look!

Offline ptoing

• variegated quadrangle arranger
    • the_ptoing
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/2191.htm
    • View Profile
    • Perpetually inactive website

Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 12:41:09 pm
 :crazy:
There are no ugly colours, only ugly combinations of colours.

Offline Lick

• Formerly known as JointJunkie! ;)
    • View Profile
    • yup

Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 12:49:53 pm
 :noob: :noob: :noob:

This theme is mad. It's so soft. It reminds me of warm fur.  :'(
my ds homebrew blog! - contact me if you're interested to work with me on a ds game.

Offline junkboy

• jnkboy
    • jnkboy
    • View Profile

Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 01:22:09 pm
Good stuff!  ;D

Offline crab2selout.png

• lost my left-most pixel in the war
    • View Profile

Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 09:46:40 pm
Small question. Is there anyway to change the scrollbars for this board? Currently, each post has its own horizontal scrollbar so that stretching images only messes up one post and keeps the rest of the page intact. This is annoying when you have a really big image or zoom level and are constantly moving down the page, scrolling over to the right, then moving up to look at the art, then moving down to scroll over right some more, and so on and so on. Can the individual horizontal scrollbars be axed and replaced by a single scrolly controlling the entire page instead of just one post?

Also, this has nothing to do with what I just typed, but I like this smiley :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:
huh? huh! huh. H..uh. HUHHUHUH Huuuuuuuuuh?

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 09:48:49 pm
For such cases, I just open a separate window with the zoomed art and write on another and alternate between the two. I don't think actual code modification should be implemented to suit such a need.