AuthorTopic: Ryu  (Read 14354 times)

Offline VictorR

• Let's fighting love..
    • View Profile

Re: Ryu

Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 12:29:52 pm
Thanks all, and I do agree I suck at faces.. :-\
The forearm anatomy was off and the colors I picked was to practice on color varying. I didn't want to make him exactly alike. Have you guys ever played street fighter? You can change the color of the peoples clothes.

Offline snake

• View Profile

Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 01:31:57 pm
VictorR:

I wouldn't reccomend starting off looking at anime characters as their anatomy is usually abstract from the start. It usually helps to add realistic anatomy as it usually makes things look better in the end. I tried a quick edit to show what I mean:

No Ryu of course, but I managed to correct a few wrongs by comparing the abstracted parts with realistic measurements. For example, his head was too small for his body, his back extended too far to the right and so did his right (our right) arm. Both arms and hands needed resizing and I chose to exaggerate your lightsourse to show you the volume you missed. Personally, I think you are using way to many colours, some of which are barely visible and can be removed in favour of a single colour. I didn't add the glowing ball because I would have to add a second lighthsourse and colours to your palette and thus make this comment a little less usefull.

I'm sure there are a lot of faults in mine as well, but like you, I'm still learning human proportions. Hope I could help.

tomster 785:

I'm afraid I disagree with your palette change. It is Ruy's colours allright, but your overall contrast and shading won't improve VictorR's picture much IMO. Here's what I mean:

I did an edit on your piece and used your beam to create shadows. Using your palette, I didn't get enough contrast for the shadows and the overall contrast varies from colour to colour. VictorR's palette has a even balance and good contrast between light and dark and works well if used to it's full extent.

I hope you don't mind that I tried to correct your anatomy. I tried, but I couldn't get the shadows to show the colour use the way Ryu was at the time. Was on a roll I guess.

Keep it up.

Offline Draco9898

• Toucan-tastic.
    • View Profile
    • Trevor Dunbar's website

Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 02:32:14 pm
Wow, snake, that's awesome! That advice is really good too...keep it up

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 03:00:16 pm

LOL.  If your gonna make an edit or a piece to show someone tecnique/improvements - then the edit generally should be better than the original, no?

Snake - awesome edits, Victor should be able to learn a lot from these.

Offline Panda

• 威風堂々
    • View Profile

Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 03:12:58 pm
Feron: No need to be rude like that. At least he tried to point out some errors, maybe not in the best way nor with the level you were expecting, but your behavior isn't acceptable, so consider yourself warned.

Btw nice edits snake.

Offline niceidiot

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 03:20:25 pm

LOL.  If your gonna make an edit or a piece to show someone tecnique/improvements - then the edit generally should be better than the original, no?

I don't care what ANY of you say, this is my next T-Shirt.  Nothing will ever bring me joy like this piece!  NOTHING!  I want to see it everyday.

Whew....

Offline tomster 785

• View Profile

Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 03:27:06 pm
umm WTH are you talking about, do you mean mine is bad or mine is good

Offline niceidiot

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 03:32:19 pm
I am not passing any value judgement on it.  I am only saying that I truely, and this is no joke, love it. 

In my opinion it cannot be made better.

Offline tomster 785

• View Profile

Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 03:34:27 pm
uhhhmm... glad you like it ;D

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 03:42:05 pm
People, can we please get on topic again?