AuthorTopic: chris  (Read 18651 times)

Offline Feron

• Carpe Diem
    • View Profile
    • Pixelheart

Re: chris

Reply #30 on: September 14, 2006, 02:55:47 pm
Tom - We have tried to tell you what you need to do to improve.  Seriously big pieces will not help you. 

From all your posts in this thread it is quite obvious you have an attitude problem.

Grow some balls and then come back and accept C&C and try to improve.

Offline tomster 785

• View Profile

Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 03:29:30 pm
I accept C+C (my reptile was critisized by zeid (hasnt posted here yet even though hes a member) and I used was he said) and I have huge balls (had to say that, lol)

Offline Cure

• http://pixeljoint.com/p/2621.htm
    • facebook.com/logantannerart
    • View Profile

Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 06:12:09 pm
Then show us your improvements based on the suggestions given here, and stop wasting our time with these childish comments.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/849.htm
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 07:13:49 pm
@clr: I was telling you to shut up about my attidtude problem that every says I have, it's getting anoying, I do listen to C+C, and a commar is this thing in frnt of all of my sentence parts,

well... this is really bugging me.  I just have to fix this.

translation:
@clr: I was telling you to shut up about my attitude problem that everyone says I have. It's getting annoying. I do listen to C+C, and a comma is the thing after each pause or before a conjuction in my sentences.

Added periods, fixed spelling, etc.  heh, you weren't even using your 'commars' correctly.

As for the piece, I have nothing more to say than what has already been said; which is to start small and take critiques.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 07:25:19 pm by Indigo »

Offline Alex

• clrclrclrclr
    • View Profile

Reply #34 on: September 14, 2006, 08:45:21 pm
ha, i love you dan.
alexander

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #35 on: September 14, 2006, 11:33:51 pm
yeah, it's kinda sad when your grammer needs more critique than your art.  But sorry to go off-topic
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 09:06:03 am by Indigo »

Offline ndchristie

• View Profile

Reply #36 on: September 15, 2006, 02:56:43 am
Im not an art teacher, only interning as one, but i can say from my experience with learning to teach that there is nothing more frustrating to a person who is trying to help someone, than to be attacked.  It's even worse than when a student ignores advice entirely without pausing to consider it.  Im not going to point out all of the strikes you have against you from this thread alone, suffice to say that they are numerous and might be difficult for you to work around as you continue working.

heres my suggestion:

1: folow all of the advice given about drawing regularly and practicing before taking on ambitious pieces.  I've been working with oils for about a year, but that doesnt mean im going to try to be rembrandt van rijn.  dont talk yourself up, no matter how enthusiastic you are about your artistic future.  Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni, Pierre-Auguste Renoir, Albrecht Durer, Pieter Bruegel, Frederic Edwin Church, Winslow Homer, Worthington Whittredge, Jacques-Louis David, these are men who could be considered "very good at art."  When you have permanent installments in the Louvre AND the Metropolitan the way these men and select few others do, you may brag.

2: post your references if you use them, so that people can have as good an understanding of what you are striving for as possible

3: strive to make youself understood in an appropriate manner.  perfect grammar is not necessary, i see it as a bit of a chore really, but you do need to try a little, because if you cannot be understood, then you cannot be assisted in any way

4: remember that, no matter what is being discussed, this forum is at the core a community which exists purely for the benefit of the greater human good and that asks for nothing in return but a minimum level of respect and coutesy.  we all get offended, or nervous, and sometimes feel inturded upon, especially in critiques, but one of the things i know that i have learned here is that the people of this community are good-willed and not in any way malicious and there is absolutely no reason to react to them as such.

5: search for references like the one lawrence posted to help you.  also, look online for traditional drawing tutorials that will help you as well, these are not the best but they do help some.
also, try looking for art classes near where you live.  i dont know where you live, but RISD in Rhode Island, SVA in New York, CCA in the san francisco bay area, and many other schools have fantastic Continuing Education courses for young artists taught by faculty or adjunct professors.  I personally can say that the RISD CE courses and the CCA precollege summer program (which you are still a bit too young for though) are excellently run opportunities to expand your horizons.

best of luck
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 03:06:53 am by Adarias »
A mistake is a mistake.
The same mistake twice is a bad habit.
The same mistake three or more times is a motif.

Offline Joseph

• Shut up and pixel.
    • View Profile

Reply #37 on: September 15, 2006, 03:01:41 am
just a quick warning for everyone...
if you post on his topic, expect some unwelcome feedback.
this kind of thing isnt uncommon from tomster...im as active on other forums as I am here and I generally read a lot of posts...his never change.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 03:23:26 am by Joseph »

Offline Helm

• View Profile
    • Asides-Bsides

Reply #38 on: September 15, 2006, 03:42:53 am
Change? He's 13 years old. We don't have an age limit here, but that's pushing it. People shouldn't have to do parenting on this forum. If he pushes his luck any further, he'll be banned and that'll be the end of that.

Offline Indigo

• Administrator
  • Artist, Indie Game Dev
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • DanFessler
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

Reply #39 on: September 15, 2006, 05:46:17 am
Quote from: Tomster
I thought I was the youngest at 12!

quoted from another forum in a thread discussing ages of forum members.  Heh. So yeah.  No need to lie about your age here, Tomster

EDIT:
heh, I found this a bit interesting...

statistics of Tomster 785:

Total (registered) posts: 21
Total Number of Comma(r)s: 66
Total Number of Periods: 4

Interesting facts:
1) three of those periods was used in this post:
uhhhmm... glad you like it  ;D

2) the other was used In a smilie face in this post:
the way his eyes are closed makes him look sorta happy, a fighter should not look like ^.^, and really, I thught I was the only one who did that   :'(

3) Not one period was used to end a sentence

This didn't constitute a new off-topic post, so i decided to edit my old one instead.  But yeah, I seriously suggest you learn how to use some periods man.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 09:06:22 am by Indigo »