AuthorTopic: Newbie - Ready to Learn  (Read 2622 times)

Offline OmegaJinn

• View Profile

Newbie - Ready to Learn

on: September 25, 2015, 02:16:55 pm
Hello people of the world; im trying Pixel Art so here is my shape
I need help with perspective, human anatomy and Light source, etc.

Edit 1:

Edit 2:

Edit 3:

Edit 3.1:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 06:38:57 am by OmegaJinn »

Offline Pusty

• I like cheese
    • View Profile

Re: Newbie - Ready to Learn

Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 06:39:42 pm
Have you made your anti-aliasing yourself (because I can't see the colors in your palate)?

Besides how far are with Pixel Art/ Art in general?
Because it's hard to tell you how to improve if it's not clear what you know nor what you want to know.
If you are new to this entirely I recommend reading some tutorials or at least basic instructions.
If you already know a bit / much you should mention what you want to improve in, at least I can't tell by just seeing this.

Or maybe I'm just stupid here and don't get it and just wrote a senseless text ^^

But anyways I would love to help (if I'm able to) but like I said I don't know what you want.
Just a random hobby gamedev passing by O:
[Ludum Dare][Itch.io]

Offline OmegaJinn

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 26, 2015, 01:39:58 am
Have you made your anti-aliasing yourself (because I can't see the colors in your palate)?

Besides how far are with Pixel Art/ Art in general?
Because it's hard to tell you how to improve if it's not clear what you know nor what you want to know.
If you are new to this entirely I recommend reading some tutorials or at least basic instructions.
If you already know a bit / much you should mention what you want to improve in, at least I can't tell by just seeing this.

Or maybe I'm just stupid here and don't get it and just wrote a senseless text ^^

But anyways I would love to help (if I'm able to) but like I said I don't know what you want

Edit: I have some problems with Lighting source and that; but i think that my pixel art is 4/10

Oh thank you my friend: I did this shape with Photoshop brushes because i just want a basic silhouette to start drawing pixel by pixel.
I will delete that layer and do it again without AA

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 03:21:09 am by OmegaJinn »

Offline OmegaJinn

• View Profile

Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 06:14:45 am
Edit:

Quick Edit:

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 06:36:10 am by OmegaJinn »

Offline HarveyDentMustDie

• I dream too much.
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art

Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 11:24:42 pm
I need help with perspective, human anatomy and Light source, etc.

If you want to learn anatomy find references and tutorials and just draw as much as you can. That's basically best advice you can get. Try to find reference for each pose you want to draw and just compare your proportions with reference. For example hips on your character are almost same with as his shoulders, and since based on his chest I presume he is a man, hips should be more narrow.

Here's just one of many proportions sketches you can find on google image search. You can't learn this over night, draw a lot, think about your errors and you will progress.  :)

http://comicbookcreativehub.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/anatomy-Fig-1.jpg