AuthorTopic: Looking for [C+C] on my first attempts at pixeling!  (Read 2061 times)

Offline 0w0

• View Profile

Looking for [C+C] on my first attempts at pixeling!

on: September 27, 2015, 02:47:21 pm

Ok so these are my first 2 pixel pieces and man...I enjoy the process but I feel like I'm really struggling! Something just looks...off about both of them but I'm not familiar enough with this method to know what's wrong.  I would absolutely love any pointers I could get!

The 2nd one is 4 colors. Let me know if I left out any necessary info in this post! Thanks for lookin!

Offline Pusty

• I like cheese
    • View Profile

Re: Looking for [C+C] on my first attempts at pixeling!

Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 06:15:26 pm
Is this a space cat? :O

Lights on the second one looks kinda off (but I'm not good enough to try to fix it o.O)
and I think banding is happening here (I just read a post about it so I'm not sure how explain it nor how to fix it)

Well I wasn't a help was I.. well I at least tried ^^
Just a random hobby gamedev passing by O:
[Ludum Dare][Itch.io]

Offline 0w0

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 08:43:54 pm
Thanks!! The cat is Cookie Cat from Steven Universe. I have only a vague idea of what banding is/have a hard time understanding what a good alternative to it is but I'll try to do do more research to figure it out and then maybe fix what I've got.  I think I'm probably just going to take out the yellow part on his outfit as well because I think it'd be better without any shading at all (idk why I added that honestly??)

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 07:43:15 am
Good call on the banding Pusty, there's indeed a lot of banding going on in the cat.

0w0: You're not going to find a better tutorial on banding than this:
http://www.pixel.schlet.net/

The type of banding most prevalent in yours is the one marked F