AuthorTopic: [C&C] First Female Character  (Read 5237 times)

Offline Cyangmou

• cyangmou
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/32234.htm
    • cyangmou
    • View Profile
    • Pixwerk Homepage

Re: [C&C] First Female Character

Reply #10 on: September 11, 2015, 08:44:00 pm
I think that the design heavily suffers from it's shilouette, which is not strong, and it's hard to determine the position of each bodypart.

I also don't think the very boxy character-style fits too well together with the kind of tiles you have. They seem to short, chubby and proportionally dislocated to the rest of the gameworld.

"Because the beauty of the human body is that it hasn't a single muscle which doesn't serve its purpose; that there's not a line wasted; that every detail of it fits one idea, the idea of a man and the life of a man."

Dev-Art
Twitter

Offline FoxhoundOH

• View Profile

Re: [C&C] First Female Character

Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 02:38:07 am
I decided to take a stab at what I believe is the appropriate path to take with this particular sprite. As you can see from the attachment; I have changed the sprite drastically for two reasons:

The first is the silhouette, as Cyangmou pointed out it is very indistinct. This has caused some confusion in the perspective of the character; so I chose to force it into a more forward facing perspective.

The second has to do with simplification; though the sprite is fairly large it is packed with unnecessary colors. The contrast is particularly muddled in her clothing which makes any details difficult to read. I've taken the character back down to 4 colors to hopefully assist with the contrast of the varying parts of the sprite. By fine tuning basic contrast I find it easier to make a sprite readable without having to deal with Hues at the same time.