AuthorTopic: Critique Needed - Legendary Character!  (Read 4957 times)

Offline TheUnknownVar

• View Profile

Re: Critique Needed - Legendary Character!

Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 07:34:04 pm
OK... I get the point. (Thanks for clarifying Drazelic)

The character is a teenager in a fantasy world who will eventually go by the name Kibo. At first he has no name because he knows nothing about himself whatsoever. He awakens alone on a small island floating above a nearly desolate canyon. Basically the red around his eyes (and the red stripe in his hair) are markings that define him as an outcast. Once in the canyon below he finds a primitive clan of people who do not even know what writing is... and yet he knows how to read and write. His markings among other things cause him to stand out severely to anyone. To the people, these markings mean he is cursed by the god they serve... (This WILL be shown as false) Once he has gotten to know the few people that are there, he soon learns that no one has ever actually left the canyon. Everyone lives simply, content with their position, firmly believing everything their "god" tells them.

Kibo goes on a quest to escape the canyon, and he does. From there he finds other "Sectors" based upon various time periods the earth has once undergone. Traveling through a world of magic and mystery that transcends time, he will discover reality, in itself is a lie. Throughout the whole adventure he obtains weapons and skills from nearly every time period, all in the pursuit of the truth.

The game will be called "Timeless".
(This is just the introduction, if I say much more I'm pretty sure it would spoil the entire plot)

Yes, his clothing is supposed to be generic in the modern world... that suit will not be in the game long! His clothing will have five different stages, each one representing a group of different eras he has passed through. What makes him legendary is this: He is just like anyone else (normal, no special powers), but unlike everyone else, he is not willing to go along with the "truth" everyone pushes. He relentlessly pursues the question "Why is he here?".
Also, as you can imagine he collects weapons galore and saves the world.

Really it is all complicated and hard to explain, but it will make sense if I ever finish the game... so for now: Yah, he should look pretty normal.

Offline TheUnknownVar

• View Profile

Re: Critique Needed - Legendary Character!

Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 07:37:01 pm
Oh, and it's not a red tie... it is like a red outlining around a small zipper, or whatever.
Part of why I would love as much input from this place as possible is so I can realize what my project looks like to other people.
Thanks for the input thus far everyone.