AuthorTopic: [C+C] Blob  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Dnilb

• View Profile

[C+C] Blob

on: August 10, 2015, 11:05:35 pm
Trying out more animations:

Offline IrresponsibleFreelancer

• Risponstible
    • View Profile

Re: [C+C] Blob

Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 11:31:51 pm
  Jesus dude youre all over this site.  Its almost like you wanna get better or something crazy like that.  :crazy:  This looks pretty good.  On quick detail that has to do with the actual technological part of it is how the bottom of the blob makes a weird clicking motion when it touches the bottom of the canvas.  It looks a bit bizarre.  Also dude youve got a lot of freakin frames.  Having the idea of 24 frames per second doesnt literally mean that you have to have 23 frames to make something look smooth.  You probably could have done the same quality blob with 8-12 frames so half that.  (hell ive seen an awesome one with about 3 or 4 frames)

The dots that you put on him are really an unnecessary complication for you the animator (unless you reallllllllllllly want them).  The nest thing is that because you have so many frames there are parts where you tried to really detail it by making it move for one frame doing sumthin but it just shows as a flicker (example: frame 12 i believe does this) 

The silhouette you made your character have should really be one pixel in thickness to avoid complications while animating, and if you want a thick outline then at least stay consistent with the thickness.  One place where science is super applicable is that where there is a certain amount of matter there will always be that much matter, unless M. Blob is compressing himself impossibly during his down squish he should bulge at the sides a little more. 

Finally your blob from first frame has this odd part where its not shaded so that it appears almost like hes got a hood hanging from behind him.  This is something that i dont quite think is necessary.

A shitty example of how i think you should shade it:

As you can see in the example i did a popular way that works to shade jelly of the sort that you are doing is to have the core shadow off of the edge of the object same with the highlight.  Sorry that i showed it so poorly but hopefully you get the idea.  Of course in your case the shading of the object is much different i did it more for a stupid look jewel. :crazy:
I dont get it done, but when i do its not done.

Offline Dnilb

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Blob

Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 11:50:30 pm
I have free month now so I got alot of time to do this kind of stuff, and I enjoy it, tons of fun speaking as a beginner.
Yeah I experimented a little here, tried to make cool bouncy like animation - "body" goes up and after it reaches destination eyes and mouth follow up aswell, this is why theres alot of frames.
I can see that the ending animation is awkward, I messed up and forgot to smooth out the lower part.
The dots are not in orginal sprite, for some reason after uploading they appeared.
Ah, I had the outline color as in your edit but for some reason I thought that the dark one might be better :P
Will try to update it tommorow