AuthorTopic: [C+C] Garou  (Read 6956 times)

Offline Dnilb

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Garou

Reply #10 on: August 07, 2015, 08:48:03 pm
Eyes are red based on some google image I found :P
What makes you choose ver 2 over 1 personal preference or it looks better on this character?
As for the pose- I am trying to make standard stance pose like in some 2d games, what can I do to make it less awkward?

Tommorow or maybe even today I will try to update it.(Chin, less friendly look on face, hair, pose)

Offline IrresponsibleFreelancer

• Risponstible
    • View Profile

Reply #11 on: August 07, 2015, 10:14:03 pm
Cool.  In all the places ive looked his eyes have no colour, also in the manga because its black and white its up to speculation but in the image that youre using the eyes are black (even thought theyre normal in the comic)  The art  piece that has him with red eyes is likely from another artist.  The part of the pose that was uncomfortable was the feeling almost as if he was flexing his chest and back muscles by holding his arms tense like that.  Another thing is the shape of his limbs, look at the picture you said you were using as reference.  For example the shape of the arms is much to fat and straight when they should be curvy (ish) in the way that i showed in my edit this time.  Finally if you look at garou hes got that awesome look where his waist is super small but his chest is pretty bulked up while still maintaining his limberness and lankyness.  Finally thats not "my" shading style per say its just the way that its shaded in the comic and also the way its shaded for the actual material that his shirt is out of when it is black.
Edit:
I dont get it done, but when i do its not done.

Offline Dnilb

• View Profile

Reply #12 on: August 07, 2015, 11:18:09 pm
@Update
Does this hair color/shades work?

• Risponstible
    • View Profile

Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 11:24:11 pm
It looks much better it looks especially cool with the gif but dude das green dint you want yellow?  The colours that i have been using in my edits are the colours i was trying to tell you to use. :crazy:

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #14 on: August 08, 2015, 10:47:31 am
Great progress! I'm starting to see a nice gesture appear, the hair shading makes sense now, the hips are there. His right shoulder is maybe a few pixels too big, that's the main thing that pops out for me right now.

Offline Dnilb

• View Profile

Reply #15 on: August 08, 2015, 12:04:59 pm
@IrresponsibleFreelancer
I am kinda colorblind :P

@Gil
I don't know if I would be able to do it myself without the edits of IF, I will draw something new with the current style to see if I learned anything.

@Update
Polished everything overall:

• Risponstible
    • View Profile

Reply #16 on: August 08, 2015, 03:31:54 pm
It looks super swanky now it looks a lot more like him (or as much as a bunch of pixels can).  The improvement from the first one that you did is phenomenal and im very impressed with your ability to take so much criticism and how well it worked.  Finally i think it would be an awesome idea to try to do more art not only in a similar style but to keep in mind all the critiques that you received and how they can continue to apply it to future pieces.  Keep pixelling  :crazy:

Offline wolfenoctis

• View Profile

Reply #17 on: August 08, 2015, 05:08:09 pm
A few thoughts on proportion and anatomy:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:11:21 pm by wolfenoctis »

Offline Vagrant

• At your service.
    • @VagrantPixels
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/43310.htm
    • View Profile

Reply #18 on: August 08, 2015, 05:21:18 pm
Dnilb, don't be afraid to closely imitate all of the wonderful edits you've received here, just for the sake of being original with your own work. And, above all else, don't be afraid to also closely imitate your reference picture, too.

Because your sprite looks nothing like the character and you're not really changing it much either. Just a few bits changed, but the overall silhouette and shape looks the same.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 05:26:58 pm by Vagrant »