AuthorTopic: Walk and Run Cycle  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Les_Claycool

• View Profile

Walk and Run Cycle

on: August 05, 2015, 01:27:31 am
Been working on a base for an Naruto inspired game.  I think I am happy with the run animation so far, but CC is welcome.  Something seems choppy about the walking animation; however.  Help me out guys!
Walking
Running
Standing for reference
*Haven't done shadow on walking yet

Offline Swifty

• View Profile

Re: Walk and Run Cycle

Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 04:48:35 am
Hey man, nice animations! You're right the walk does look choppy, I had a look and I see you've got 6 frames, I'd suggest working with an 8 frame walk cycle. Take a look at idleworm they have a great keypose breakdown:
http://www.angryanimator.com/word/2010/11/26/tutorial-2-walk-cycle/

It goes [Contact > Recoil > Passing > High-Point > Contact > Recoil > Passing > High-Point]. This will get you a better loop and will let you work on the head bounce as it goes down into the recoil and up into the high point, that should smooth it out for you!

Offline Les_Claycool

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 06:26:50 pm

New version, do you think it looks smoother?  Having trouble with a smooth head bob on a small scale.

Offline Gil

• Too square to be hip
    • http://pixeljoint.com/p/475.htm
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio

Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 11:13:59 pm
the problem is that the feet go forward, but not backwards. Also, no one walks with their feet outwards like that (except maybe Chaplin? :lol:)

Offline matildasherman

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 09:10:16 pm
The running animation reminds me of an old nintendo football game which often showed players running with the ball towards the camera but never reaching it. Produces this retro game sort of feeling, really like the way it worked out.