AuthorTopic: Super Metroid and You...  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Rimrook

• View Profile

Super Metroid and You...

on: June 21, 2015, 11:31:31 pm

So I've been over at Metroid Construction making some gfx for some people. My thread here shows a tileset that I had created for the community to use freely. I did this because I love Metroid and what the people do on this website is incredibly commendable, because it is commendably difficult! The community there needs experienced pixel artists to create fresh new content for many aspects in the Metroid universe, and they'll love you for doing so.

So I propose that if you want a true challenge, offer your talents and make something for the metroid community. New level graphics is a good place to start, but there are also a variety of enemies and bosses too. There is enough information and custom tools available to beat the learning curve involved with SM hacking, and even I have found ways to streamline the process. Just making the graphics to certain specs in an image is useful, as someone else may import the graphics for you, or use them in their project.

If you're interested, head over to Metroid Construction and check it out. You can read through my thread to learn how I did my tileset. It may provide insight on how to implement custom artwork.

If anyone has any questions, I'm always available to share information and knowledge.

Thank you and I hope to see some of you over at MetConst.

EDIT: aaaaand i posted in the wrong section :facepalm:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 11:33:08 pm by Rimrook »