AuthorTopic: WAG Game Jam: Pixel Artist Requested. Cave Story Inspired Art currently planned  (Read 2556 times)

Offline Mask

• View Profile
Hi. I'm taking part in the WAG Game Jam: http://itch.io/jam/wag-challenge

The jam is mainly for fun and practice, so it doesn't offer prizes (as far as I could tell). I was wondering if there was an artist here who would be interested in a collaborative storytelling project for this jam. The pitch for the project can be found here: https://muut.com/wagchallenge#!/team-up:dying-recruitment-thread

The art intended for the game was Cave Story inspired, simple and hopefully easy to produce, while allowing for details and secrets to be interweaved into the game. Being a short jam game, there would only be a couple of characters and monsters, and a couple of background palettes. We may use free art packs to bolster the art. Note that if the artist wants to go with a different style that matches the theme, that's fine.

The game is called, "Dying". Its most notable mechanic is that when you die, the world changes, and the story progresses. It would be a fairly difficult platformer, with strong atmosphere and mysterious themes and secrets similar in nature to The Binding of Isaac or Five Nights at Freddy's. The atmosphere and theme of the game are why it is important to have a good artist who is interested in telling a story.

I'm intending to make it with Game Maker, but there is still possibilities for Unity (most of my programming friends work in Unity). The project ends at the end of the month, and it has just begun.

Thank you for taking interest and reading about this project. I have probably neglected an important detail about the project in this summary, so please feel free to ask.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 10:03:53 pm by Mask »

Offline Mask

• View Profile
Good news. An artist has joined the project, and has been working hard to make tiles for the game. There's still quite a bit of time to the contest date, but we are getting a little close. If another artist would be interested in helping out, we could make the game that much more awesome and have time to add some touches to the art.

Thank you all for taking interest in the project.