AuthorTopic: Hooded Man Animation  (Read 2873 times)

Offline Forester

• Skógarvörđur
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

Hooded Man Animation

on: May 30, 2015, 08:20:46 am

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum, as you can see.

I'm posting this picture for some feedback, and just to show my work.

The base image is not mine, it is a image in the Creative Commons by CalciumTrice from OpenGameArt which I added an animation to.

Offline Zia

• Pixel herding is hard work.
    • View Profile

Re: Hooded Man Animation

Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 12:42:48 am
I would change the base cape frame, where it's laying flat as though there's no wind, to be another billowing frame. It sets an odd rhythm having it there - when it billows, it should be whooshooshooshoosh, almost, whereas with the base frame it makes it whoosh-dum whoosh-dum. Apologies if that sounds nonsensical.

Additionally, the frames where the edges of the cape flip feel a little awkward. Some of the pixels feel like they're stray, almost, especially in the hood when there are two pixels just sticking out. Here's a rough edit, which admittedly feels like a less violent breeze, so you may want to keep the fuller flip at the edge of the cape.

Eriophora Zia

Offline Forester

• Skógarvörđur
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

Re: Hooded Man Animation

Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 02:00:14 pm
Thanks for teh feedback!

I see what you mean :D
Your animation look amazing, even if it's just a rough edit. I actually prefer the lighter wind..
The edit looks surprisingly smooth, when I look at the frames, I would have expected a worse loop, but it's really nice...