AuthorTopic: Crocotile 3D - a new 3d modeling tool that acts like a 2d tilemap editor!  (Read 132016 times)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Yeah, I don't think I can change that since it's part of itch's system. I do mention on the itch page that you need to register at crocotile3d to activate save/exporting.. If people pay $10 on itch, I send a key to them manually- otherwise it's automatic through crocotile3d.com. Maybe I need to make that clearer..
It's free to download and test out before deciding if you want to register.

Offline TGHoly

• View Profile
amazing program i love it It also easy to use just only need some practice.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Thanks TGHoly! :)

released another update!

v.1.2.3
Fixed: Program would become unresponsive and crash when quitting if new scene was created previously.
Fixed: Selecting vertices with the marquee would sometimes not work.
Fixed: Moving tiles that are a part of an object at the same time with tiles that are not a part of an object would move them in different directions.
Added: Crosshair arrows can now move Objects.
Added: Textures can now be double-sided by pressing number 9 on keyboard. This toggles double-sided mode on/off for the currently selected tileset. This is more of a temporary solution for those requesting the feature.

v.1.2.2
Fixed: Mouse wheel wasn't working for zooming.
Fixed: Resizing tileset would mess up UVs for objects.
Fixed: Object points would appear larger when using a lower resolution.
Added: Options to select/deselect all objects in the scene regardless of type. Accessed in the context-menu by right-clicking the 3d scene.

Offline IGameArt

• View Profile
I really like the potential of this, and think after some time I'll probably get more accustomed to the bindings and control schemes, but at the moment it feels a bit clunky, and I keep placing tiles along the wrong axis.  I think improved or automatic placement of the 3d cursor would help with that. But so far the biggest issue i'm having is just getting the tiles to place along the correct axis. I seem to have to constantly rotate the view until the placement is right. Maybe if you could implement a few hotkeys to define what axis to place the tile along?

In any event, I'm really liking the app so far, and as soon as I can, I'll send you cash to unlock it :)

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Thanks for the feedback IGameArt! I'll look into an alternative way to control which axis to place tiles on..

released new version:

v.1.2.4
Fixed: Adjusting UVs in Active Edit mode would adjust UVs of unselected faces if their verts were selected.
Added: Merge vertices option on export.
Added: Save/Save As in File menu (moved other buttons into menu as well); File path is now stored so it will save to current document when saving, or open save as dialog box if you choose the Save As menu item.
Added: Save As key binding; ctrl+shift+s
Added: When saving, it will show brief message when save is successful. That way if you press ctrl+s to save, you will know if it has saved.
Fixed: Saving/Loading/Exporting now remembers the current directory.
Fixed: Exporting scene to .obj would fail if consisted of only instances of objects.
Change: Exported scenes with many objects will include each object as a separate group in the .obj file. This is useful if you are importing the .obj into another program and need to keep everything separated.
Added: New export option for .MTL files. This will allow you to import .obj files into other programs and have all the textures applied correctly. This will export every texture too, and the .mtl file will reference these.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
v.1.2.5
Fixed: Zooming in and out could cause the panning to move too slow or stop completely.
Added: Ctrl+A will now select all faces in the scene if no faces or verts are selected.
Added: Ctrl+shift+A,D to select/deselect all object instances in the scene.
Changed: Pressing delete key will now also delete any object instances that are selected.
Added: If a new version is available, it will notify you when you start the program.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
Latest version adds some useful stuff, and also allows saving for scenes with up to 100 tiles- This will allow new users a chance to test the program more freely!

Also, there are new details on how to get a free key for crocotile3d by creating a tutorial: http://c3d.xyz/index.php?topic=79.0

v.1.2.6
Change: Unregistered users can now save if the scene has 100 tiles or less (including tiles in objects). This will allow users to test the program more freely before registering.
Added: Tile spacing texture option on export.
Added: Power of two texture option on export.
Added: Tile count info at bottom of scene window.
Added: Export multiple objects (objects listed in the scene tab). To export, go to File > Export Objects.
Fix: brush/eraser tool not drawing with single clicks is now fixed

http://www.Crocotile3d.com

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
v.1.2.7
Change: nwjs version has been updated to improve compatibility on newer operating systems. Please report if you experience issues running the program.
Fix: alt-tabbing would cause keys to stop triggering due to window losing focus while keys are down. This has been fixed.
Fix: notifications for new versions of the program weren't working correctly due to caching.
Fix: Toggling double-sided mode wouldn't work for tiles that were deconstructed from an object.
Fix: Clicking Crosshair Arrows without dragging them after dragging once would add the drag again to the undo stack causing undo to be inaccurate.
Fix: Tileset window not being displayed under other windows.
Change: Tileset window shouldn't display in taskbar unless minimized.
Added: Rotate clockwise and counter-clockwise now accessible via context menu (right-clicking 3d view while in Edit mode).
Added: A shortcut key for toggling crosshair arrows (the X key).

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW
v.1.2.7b
Fix: Exporting wasn't working. The updated version of nwjs that crocotile3d uses in v1.2.7 has a bug, but a workaround has been implemented now to solve the problems when exporting.

Offline AlexHW

• View Profile
    • AlexHW

released a new version, also note that I have a patreon page now to help fund crocotile3d development.

v.1.2.8
  • Added: New crocotile themed Viewcube for rotating/panning/zooming the scene. Click and drag the crocotile to rotate/pan/zoom. It can also be positioned by dragging the small white transparent circle. Also can hide/show it by right clicking the circle.
  • Added: New tile swapping feature. You can swap tiles by selecting tiles in the tileset window and then right-click and dragging them to the desired location. UVs of tiles in the 3d scene will get updated to the new UV locations if their UVs were inside the tile area you are repositioning.
  • Added: New UV Padding input boxes in the Tileset window. When you select from the tiles the corresponding UVs that get generated will be padded inwards by the amount set in the input boxes (x,y). This may be useful to prevent pixels bleeding across the edges of tiles.
  • Added: Tileset window now has a dropdown list for tilesets. This will allow you to pick your tilesets without having to cycle through them.
  • Added: Shortcut keys for cycling through Tilesets (ctrl+[ , ctrl+])
  • Added: Middle mouse button for toggling Active Selection mode.
  • Added: Mouselocking while rotating/panning/zooming.
  • Fix: Copying a tile's UVs to the brush (alt+rightclick in 3d scene in draw mode) would trigger a keyup for the modifier keys. This would potentially cause it to erase tiles instead of copying UVs.
  • Fix: Dragging onto tileset canvas would inadvertently select tiles.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:46:07 pm by AlexHW »