AuthorTopic: [C+C] Frogs  (Read 3542 times)

Offline Zia

• Pixel herding is hard work.
    • View Profile

[C+C] Frogs

on: May 11, 2015, 07:26:45 pm
I started with the frog in the upper right quite a while ago, never really intending to expand the image again, but ended up wanting to add in another frog. I'd appreciate any feedback, especially on the background since I felt rather iffy about it on the whole!

Without background

Eriophora Zia

Offline Glak

• View Profile

Re: [C+C] Frogs

Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 01:05:39 am
I like the newer parts of the picture better than the original part.  It seems that you've gained in skill.

The blue frog weighs too much to be sitting on that leaf and the leaf seems to be angled strangely.

At first I thought that the background was really good, looking like plants floating in a pond.  Then I realized that we weren't down low looking at water, but up high looking at the sky.  My shift in perspective came from seeing the sticks behind the things that look like plants.

Offline Zia

• View Profile

Reply #2 on: May 22, 2015, 05:21:45 am
Some bits still feel "off," such as the perspective/colour on the smaller branch, but overall the newer composition works well, I think. I axed the old background perspective entirely, and went with the water. It was something I had considered doing before, but ironically thought would be more difficult. :P

Eriophora Zia

Offline Decroded

• Oh hai
    • View Profile

Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 07:14:49 am
I rly like the vibe if this and the vibe is cute.

compositionally I don't like how the frog is facing out of the scene instead of into it and that the direction of his gaze conflicts with the branch line other people may have a different opinion? feels

it seems like some more sunlight could be subtly illuminating the branch around the subject matter to make the increase in priority less sudden.

Offline Zia

• View Profile

Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 01:41:26 am
It's been quite a while since I was last working on this, but I opened it up and started some more editing today. :)

Eriophora Zia

Offline BlackTerror

• View Profile

Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 04:26:49 am
Nice, I think this has the best feel of depth and background space so far.

Offline Zia

• View Profile

Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 04:45:29 am
Added more foliage and cropped the image slightly.

Eriophora Zia